Hi, I just bought a Nokia Lumia 710 and i am still finding my way around. The phone seems to access network and cost me for every action. Is there any way i can block the phone from accessing internet? Can i install apps if i do this? and how can i switch between silent and normal mode in this phone? Thanks in advance...
    03-15-2012 01:39 PM
    I'm surprised your service provider didn't "suggest" that you get a data plan. However, you should be able to turn the data connection off by going to Settings -> Cellular. Toggle 'Data Connection' to off. But I must ask, why get a smartphone only to turn the data connection off?
    03-15-2012 01:42 PM
    I'm surprised your service provider didn't "suggest" that you get a data plan. However, you should be able to turn the data connection off by going to Settings -> Cellular. Toggle 'Data Connection' to off. But I must ask, why get a smartphone only to turn the data connection off?
    I don't need the internet connection now. Do i need this to load maps offline data and install games? Everytime i try anything, it asks me to go to marketplace.
    03-15-2012 01:50 PM
    like he said if you turn off data connection it turns every internet access off.

you need data connection to Download the app but not to instal it.

if you use NOKIA maps/drive , the maps are stored on your device , but it wont find your location.
    03-15-2012 01:52 PM
    Without a data connection you're gonna have to do anything data related via wifi. Offline maps will work without a data/wifi connection but like Se1fcr3ation said it won't find your location. You'd have to enter both address. Oh, and welcome to the board!
    03-15-2012 01:53 PM
    Without a data connection you're gonna have to do anything data related via wifi. Offline maps will work without a data/wifi connection but like Se1fcr3ation said it won't find your location. You'd have to enter both address. Oh, and welcome to the board!
    Thanks for the reply guys. I had Nokia 5230 before and i used to store all the maps data offline and use it for navigation. Cant i do the same in this then? And no offline apps installation?
    03-15-2012 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys. I had Nokia 5230 before and i used to store all the maps data offline and use it for navigation. Cant i do the same in this then? And no offline apps installation?
    You're starting to beat a dead horse here LOL. Nokia Maps is the only map app that I know of that allows you store maps. Bing Maps or TeleNav...forget about it. You'll just have to do everything over wifi. Hope you're around a lot of hotspots!
    03-15-2012 03:15 PM
    Well actually, Nokia Drive 2.0 is coming next week and you'll be able to use it completely offline!

Also, you can install apps offline simply by using Zune!
    03-15-2012 03:24 PM
    Navigon USA/Europe can also be used offline but it's expensive.
    03-15-2012 04:13 PM
    Once again, thanks for the reply guys....
    03-15-2012 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD