Anyone else having issues with the Me tile?

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having these problems, mines stuck at 4 new items, when I get an actual notifications the count goes up, when I check it goes blank, then goes back to 4 -_-

Soft resets, deleting/re-synchronizing accounts on my WP or through LIVE aren't working. My sister is also experiencing this problem (her's is XXXX commented on XXXX). Nothing's working for her either. (Lumia 710)

Mine's been acting up for a week tomorrow. (HD7)
*central time if that means anything

Very annoying, why isn't there a way to manually reset the Tile? And why isn't there an article on this!!

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Its a Facebook permissions problem.
Login to fb on your pc, go to account settings/apps and find the "Microsoft" app.

It should have a permission that says something about accessing and reseting notifications. If it doesn't, that's your problem.

If you click on the Microsoft app it should take you through to windows live/facebook integration. Make sure the relevant boxes are ticked and save.
If you go back to Facebook, you should see the Microsoft app has permission to clear notifications This should then fix the Me tile problem.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
This looked like a brilliant idea until I went to look... I don't have the Microsoft app. Only Scrabble (and as soon as Words with Friends is available I'll be getting rid of this) and the Outlook Social Connector.

Things used to work fine, but like others, notifications aren't resetting from the Me tile anymore.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Login to your windows live/ hotmail account from your pc and link your Facebook account there.
This should setup the Microsoft app for you

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You can control the permissions, and without an app that has permissions to clear notifications, then it isn't going to work.

Try manually installing the Microsoft app on Facebook....

MrRansom

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Me Tile Issues

I am so tired of this stupid "notification" issue. It's sad, ridiculous, annoying and unprofessional on the part of Microsoft. The fact that they have done NOTHING to solve this issue clearly shows how they feel about their customers. Even more so, I own a T-Mobile store and I can't, in good faith, recommend Windows OS to ANY of my customers until they at least make an attempt to fix this.:excl:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am so tired of this stupid "notification" issue. It's sad, ridiculous, annoying and unprofessional on the part of Microsoft. The fact that they have done NOTHING to solve this issue clearly shows how they feel about their customers. Even more so, I own a T-Mobile store and I can't, in good faith, recommend Windows OS to ANY of my customers until they at least make an attempt to fix this.:excl:

I am not a facebook user, but what phone could you possible recommend that doesn't have problems with facebook and facebook notifications?

Every mobile phone site I visit, regardless of the OS, have threads about problems with facebook applications not working correctly. Facebook must get a lot of complaints because they put up their own mobile help page: Mobile: Bugs and Known Issues - Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Last edited:

MrRansom

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Me Tile

I've done what everyone suggested and this stupid thing is now not showing notifications. It seems to act worse when I add my twitter account. THIS IS SO F#$%ED UP!!! Why have an app that you can't use...Words can't express my frustration!!!!!!

MrRansom

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I am not a facebook user, but what phone could you possible recommend that doesn't have problems with facebook and facebook notifications?

Every mobile phone I visit, regardless of the OS, have threads about problems with facebook applications not working correctly. Facebook must get a lot of complaints because they put up their own mobile help page: Mobile: Bugs and Known Issues - Facebook Help Center | Facebook
Aside from the Notification Issues, the HTC HD7 is a good phone. Although I'm thoroughly "ticked" off, I must admit that I applaud"Microsoft" for having the "update" feature that allows you to get new features without having to purchase a new handset.

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are having the same issues on our Lumia 900s. I post something on facebook and someone comments. I go look and it clears. Then minutes later my ME tile is back showing the notification I already saw. Only way I have found that it clears is if I post something new and nobody responds. I wiped my facebook account off and readded it. That didn't work for me. Went back to showing it again.

MrRansom

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Me Tile

Unfortunately I've been working on this issue all morning and believe me when I say I've tried EVERYTHING. This is definitely an issue that Microsoft and/or Facebook have to solve. This happened to me in March and from what I read on this thread, this was occurring then; so that would lead me to believe it's a problem with Microsoft/Facebook. My advice is to wait it out.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It's been happening on my HTC Trophy on Verizon too. It has happened in the past and went back to normal.

One thing I have noticed, when the Me tile shows me notifications and they are repeat notifications (ones I've already seen) I've realized that I do indeed have new notifications, I just have to go to the app to see them. So it is updating correctly on the Me tile, as in it is showing there are indeed new updates, but it's not showing the correct content of the new update.

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This is getting really old. I guess Microsoft isn't concerned about fixing this.. It is happening with my twitter account too.. Guess I'll just delete my people hub tiles and stick with the facebook and twitter apps. Guess they are concerned with WP8.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I sent a tweet to Ben Rudolph, and he wasn't aware of the problem. His updates were working fine.

So this may be an issue that is only happening to some people. That would explain why there really hasn't been much news, if any, about it.

I ended up sending him a link to this thread. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Also, try swiping over to the "What's New" section.

I'm not sure if it fixes anything, but it at least cleared the old notifications off of my live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99