Current frustrated VZW webos user wants WP7

johndd34

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
So I currently own a palm pre plus(on its lasts legs), I am also on VZW with unlimited data, I'm looking for my next phone and I really want a Windows phone, just seems logical to go from webOS to WP. Is the trophy a good phone? Anyone have any insight at all into the future of VZW and windows phone?. So dissapointed in what they have to offer right now, and this palm pre plus is killing me with how slow it has become. Ive done the homebrew thing and patched the bejeezes outta my phone but I really want a windows phone, PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME GOOD NEWS!!! (if not, guess ill have to wait)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Trophy is a very respectable phone, bit it is an old model. I would suggest trying to snag one on eBay or Craigslist for $100-$150, and use it till Verizon gets around to releasing a new WP model. Don't want to be stuck with a 2 year Trophy contract, as the phone is already a year old. And it will give you a chance to explore WP without making a commitment. Can always sell the Trophy later.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have it on good authority that Vzwis prob not going to announce a new WP phone until WP8 is announced.
In the meantime, Trophy is a TOTALLY useable phone for now. I wouldn't burn an upgrade on it so, as the person above me said, try and pick up one on eBay or CL and save your upgrade.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yep, same as the others said. The Trophy is a really nice upgrade to the Pre. You will be amazed at some of the features after coming from the Pre, and it has a nice onsreen keyboard and the battery lasts the whole day!

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I made the jump from my Pre+ to the Trophy when HP announced they were killing off the hardware. I did what everyone is suggesting. Bought it off of ebay for $220, and never looked back. It is a great phone. Granted, I am most likely gonna switch to the Lumia 900, but if you aren't up to switching carriers, the Trophy will definitely be able to tide you over till the WP8 phones come out. It's an eye-opener when you realize how fast WP is, and how slow webOS could be. I do miss some things from webOS (Just type, universal search, cards) but WP has more than enough to make me not regret switching.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Trophy is flippin amazing. I was in the same situation as you a few months ago, went from a Pixi plus to an HTC trophy and was blown away.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a Pre Plus on Verizon also and now have the Trophy and I love it. I bought mine off eBay so I could save my upgrade. I would highly recommend the Trophy as an upgrade from a Pre Plus.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Except for a couple of things, going from the Pre+ to the Trophy is like going from Windows XP to Windows 7. You did not realize how far technology has come since the Pre/Pixi came out. And amazingly, the Trophy has been out a year, but still competes with the latest phones.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Except for a couple of things, going from the Pre+ to the Trophy is like going from Windows XP to Windows 7. You did not realize how far technology has come since the Pre/Pixi came out. And amazingly, the Trophy has been out a year, but still competes with the latest phones.

Exactly right. My wife and I had no idea what we were missing. Bing Vision, Bing Music Search, Bing Scan Text, etc. are all awesome! I used them quite a bit now that I actually know about them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05