Streaming Zune Pass Buffering?

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious if anyone else has issues with the music taking forever to buffer when streaming with Zune Pass? It takes a while in between songs, and I have never made it through a song without it stopping at least once to load. Is it just an issue with Verizon's 3G network being slow, the radios in the Trophy, or is it a problem with WP7 in general? I love having Zune Pass, but if I don't want to download the music, then it is too frustrating to use. Thanks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T 3G connection in the house sucks (0.8 to 1.4Mbps) so I use my WiFi instead (6-8Mbps) and have very little delay when streaming Zune music or videos. And almost never have a pause (high res videos only) while playing. I guess LTE will be better, but between data caps and battery drain it will almost be a useless feature. Nice to look at. Just don't use it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually get around 1-3 Mbps, but it still is a no go. On wi-fi it's fine, but not on 3g. I'm not too concerned with data caps or battery. I thought I used my phone a lot, and recently checked my data usage and I have never used close to 2GB. And I keep a charger handy everywhere, even the car. I just want to be able to use my Zune Pass. I just don't understand why Slacker will play flawlessly, but Zune won't. I guess maybe it is a quality issue? Zune music may not be compressed as much.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Atlanta, GA area and it depends upon the time of day. On my way to work in the mornings (6:45 AM) I have no issues. On my way home however (5-5:30 PM) I cannot stream anything without buffering issues.

Not sweating it though. I keep some music on the device and have an IPod that connects to the car radio so I'm good either way.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm with T-mobile with an HD7 and average above 4mbps. Never have the stop and buffer issue unless I'm in a brown spot. Some songs do take longer than others to buffer tho but nothing extreme.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Atlanta, GA area and it depends upon the time of day. On my way to work in the mornings (6:45 AM) I have no issues. On my way home however (5-5:30 PM) I cannot stream anything without buffering issues.

Not sweating it though. I keep some music on the device and have an IPod that connects to the car radio so I'm good either way.

I have a Zune that I keep hooked up to my car radio, but if i want to listen to some new stuff without commercials, zune pass is my go to. I wish there was a way to toggle between low / high quality.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I wish there was a way to toggle between low / high quality.

I have been tweeting @ZuneSupport for months about this back in my sprint days 64k wma pro sounds superior to .mp3 at 128k. Since I switched to T-mobile I really don't care now, I think now they're using .wma lossless or .wma pro 192k.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
On my Verizon Trophy, signal quality definitely matters. I already know where on certain roads I won't be able to stream because the coverage just isn't strong enough, so I've had to plan ahead. However, those places aren't very common, as I can stream music to my phone just about anywhere. I have noticed that on some days, streaming just doesn't work as well as others. I don't know if that is Verizon messing with their towers or Microsoft messing with Zune.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On my Verizon Trophy, signal quality definitely matters. I already know where on certain roads I won't be able to stream because the coverage just isn't strong enough, so I've had to plan ahead. However, those places aren't very common, as I can stream music to my phone just about anywhere. I have noticed that on some days, streaming just doesn't work as well as others. I don't know if that is Verizon messing with their towers or Microsoft messing with Zune.

ahh the good ol' CDMA coverage stall, streaming also was an issue for me with sprint during my commutes where I would just drop out of Ev and not return until I cycled in/out of airplane mode. Very annoying when streaming a song as it requires me to restart Zune and the song to get things going again. Since I switched to T-mobile I don't have that issue anymore.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My AT&T 3G connection in the house sucks (0.8 to 1.4Mbps) so I use my WiFi instead (6-8Mbps) and have very little delay when streaming Zune music or videos. And almost never have a pause (high res videos only) while playing. I guess LTE will be better, but between data caps and battery drain it will almost be a useless feature. Nice to look at. Just don't use it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

can you go into diagnosis and change the surround to class 10 and speed up your data like they did for the original focus?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa