03-25-2012 05:05 PM
56 123
tools
    Just as an aside, with notification centre allowing you to tie in apps as much or as little as you like, notifications are better on iOS than WP. I can get more information from more apps more quickly and all in one place than I can from a whole bunch of live tiles. I'd not had a proper play with it until earlier this week, but it's very impressive and it really underlines the point that WP needs a notification centre equivalent badly. Disappearing toasts and no lockscreen access for 3rd party apps just isn't up to standard.

And again, for the benefit of eric12341 who seems to think you can only like one thing at once, if you can point to where it says "Microsoft fanboys only" on this site, I'll happily leave and not come back. Otherwise, stop being so partisan.
    03-24-2012 04:50 AM
    Just as an aside, with notification centre allowing you to tie in apps as much or as little as you like, notifications are better on iOS than WP. I can get more information from more apps more quickly and all in one place than I can from a whole bunch of live tiles. I'd not had a proper play with it until earlier this week, but it's very impressive and it really underlines the point that WP needs a notification centre equivalent badly. Disappearing toasts and no lockscreen access for 3rd party apps just isn't up to standard.

And again, for the benefit of eric12341 who seems to think you can only like one thing at once, if you can point to where it says "Microsoft fanboys only" on this site, I'll happily leave and not come back. Otherwise, stop being so partisan.

So now I'm a fanboy just because I don't like the iPhone? I've always hated the POS since 2007.
    03-24-2012 07:02 AM
    So now I'm a fanboy just because I don't like the iPhone? I've always hated the POS since 2007.
    No, you're a fanboy because you've said on more than one occasion you can't understand why anyone who likes Apple/iOS would come here even though many people have told you they use multiple devices, because you take any legitimate criticism of MS/WP very badly, because you throw out inaccurate facts, and because whenever anyone mentions Apple in any context - regardless of how relevant - you usually pop up to say how much you dislike them.

And I'm assuming you're the same guy who has posted on here under other names before (same MO anyway) who equally freaks out when anyone prefers Google to Bing, Gmail to Hotmail and so on. Which is all fine - you want to be a fanboy, knock yourself out. But it does make your opinion more or less irrelevant because you can't be even remotely objective.
    mprice86, VernonEL and 1jaxstate1 like this.
    03-24-2012 02:13 PM
    No, you're a fanboy because you've said on more than one occasion you can't understand why anyone who likes Apple/iOS would come here even though many people have told you they use multiple devices, because you take any legitimate criticism of MS/WP very badly, because you throw out inaccurate facts, and because whenever anyone mentions Apple in any context - regardless of how relevant - you usually pop up to say how much you dislike them.

And I'm assuming you're the same guy who has posted on here under other names before (same MO anyway) who equally freaks out when anyone prefers Google to Bing, Gmail to Hotmail and so on. Which is all fine - you want to be a fanboy, knock yourself out. But it does make your opinion more or less irrelevant because you can't be even remotely objective.
    I can't understand it because you need an app to do anything besides make a phone call or send a text basically. The interface is boring and unchanged, you cant adjust the user agent, you can't toggle between 3G/2G, I could go on and on.
    03-24-2012 11:33 PM
    That's an answer to a different question. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant - it doesn't preclude people who do like it and who may also like WP, or like PS3s as well as WP, or prefer Gmail/Google Maps/Google to Hotmail/Bing maps/Bing but also like WP coming here.
    03-25-2012 02:13 PM
    That's an answer to a different question. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant - it doesn't preclude people who do like it and who may also like WP, or like PS3s as well as WP, or prefer Gmail/Google Maps/Google to Hotmail/Bing maps/Bing but also like WP coming here.
    I like Windows Phone, PS3, Gmail and Google Maps :)
    03-25-2012 05:05 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD