Nokia phone to challenge the poorly designed iPhon?!

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I saw this. Iphone isn't necessarily poorly design, it's elegant and luxurious. The problem is that it is very fragile (much like apple products) and once you drop it, it's broken, so in a way it is incorrectly designed. Big words though from Nokia who have yet to release a smartphone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was wowed by the iphone design... When the iphone 4 was released. Now I'm bored with the design. I'm hoping Nokia and Apple can push each other to releasing some great phones.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It's important to note that the headline is completely inaccurate.

The Nokia guy says that "Apple’s user interface on the iPhone is “poorly designed” and convoluted." And makes some points to that effect. He says nothing about the actual handset design.

Unfortunately it's a deliberately inflammatory article title designed to get page views from the angry apple mob.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Definite hit piece. Not everyone here may be a fan of iOS, but to suggest it's poorly designed and convoluted is ridiculous.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
huh? you been living under a rock for the last 10 years? Nokia has not released a smartphone yet? ROFL! comment like that make me lose hope in humanity.
Big words though from Nokia who have yet to release a smartphone.

as for the Iphone having a poor design , that's true out of ALL the phone out their its probably the worst .. doesn't mean it doesn't look good.

but looking good and having a bad design are 2 different things.

few things about the Iphone that are *bad*

1. no edge glass protection, this is horrible : drop it once and your lucky if it dint shatter the glass.
2. horrible antenna placements causing allot of reception problems ( and sorry but software cant fix this crap even doh they claim it did )
3. 3.5 inch screen lol terrible. specially when most people want 4 to 4.5 ( according to the latest statistics)
4. no LTE witch is gona hurt , believe it or not.
5. Its made by Apple! lol j/k

the Iphone is FAR from perfect! not saying its BAD , but it does have poor design, mind you will probably find just as much if not more *POOR design* on the Nokia 900,.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
huh? you been living under a rock for the last 10 years? Nokia has not released a smartphone yet? ROFL! comment like that make me lose hope in humanity.

as for the Iphone having a poor design , that's true out of ALL the phone out their its probably the worst .. doesn't mean it doesn't look good.

but looking good and having a bad design are 2 different things.

few things about the Iphone that are *bad*

1. no edge glass protection, this is horrible : drop it once and your lucky if it dint shatter the glass.
2. horrible antenna placements causing allot of reception problems ( and sorry but software cant fix this crap even doh they claim it did )
3. 3.5 inch screen lol terrible. specially when most people want 4 to 4.5 ( according to the latest statistics)
I meant in the United States under contract that could compete with the Iphone. Of course they have, but they are far away from doing damage to Apple and it's kind of ridiculous to bash on a company doing so well when they have yet to release a phone that can compete with what Apple has released in the past 2-3 years. I'd rather see them praise their upcoming phones then to denounce a company that has done well for themselves. I personally can't stand Apple, but I don't think they make "bad" products.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well thats your opinion ,

but ALL windows phone right now compete with Apple . noT because FANboys are addicted to apple that its not competing.

the only reason apple is soo good is cause of its ****** base for apple products.
im sorry but the Iphone is a HORRIBLE phone! the only thing that makes it good is the APPS

when was the last time you saw an apple commercial that talks about something else aside from all the apps they DID NOT MAKE or their new useless camera? lol

oh yeah Iphone is great! cause of the devs.. not apple.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh I definitely think that Windows 7.5 is a lot better than Apple, that's why I'm here on wpcentral. However, I do think that they have very nice screens (though not durable), very good cameras, a smooth operating system, yes, lots of apps, luxurious design, and passable product support.

There are many problems with Apple products of course, which I don't want to waste my time listing. But Yes, my opinion differs from yours in that I don't think that Apple is completely incompetent.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, that is actually a VERY short list and some of the issues have even been fixed. For example, iPhones no longer have bad reception.

Phones from other manufacturers, esp. HTC, Motorola, and Nokia, have hordes of critical issues 10x worse than iPhone issues that are never even addressed! Battery life, reception, GPS, serious OS issues. etc. Find me a phone where I can only make 4 complaints about and I'd buy it in a snap.

The biggest issue I have with the iPhone will always be the price followed by the display size. There's some serious pent up demand for a 4" iPhone.

Last edited:

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
well thats your opinion ,

but ALL windows phone right now compete with Apple . noT because FANboys are addicted to apple that its not competing.

the only reason apple is soo good is cause of its ****** base for apple products.
im sorry but the Iphone is a HORRIBLE phone! the only thing that makes it good is the APPS

when was the last time you saw an apple commercial that talks about something else aside from all the apps they DID NOT MAKE or their new useless camera? lol

oh yeah Iphone is great! cause of the devs.. not apple.
Yeah... no. I'm a WP7 fan boy to the max but the iPhone is a GREAT phone. When recommending a smartphone to someone, I always say iPhone is the safe bet before praising WP7, because it's 100% true.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I've recommend the iphone for man friends, non have disliked it. Some do dislike using itunes, but the phone itself is A+ for new users.
Yeah... no. I'm a WP7 fan boy to the max but the iPhone is a GREAT phone. When recommending a smartphone to someone, I always say iPhone is the safe bet before praising WP7, because it's 100% true.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, that is actually a VERY short list and some of the issues have even been fixed. For example, iPhones no longer have bad reception.

Phones from other manufacturers, esp. HTC, Motorola, and Nokia, have hordes of critical issues 10x worse than iPhone issues that are never even addressed! Battery life, reception, GPS, serious OS issues. etc. Find me a phone where I can only make 4 complaints about and I'd buy it in a snap.

The biggest issue I have with the iPhone will always be the price followed by the display size. There's some serious pent up demand for a 4" iPhone.

yeah but again most of the things I mention is personal preference. I personalty hate the feel and look of it ( looks like a 12 year old baby doll phone (to me ) ) but to other its elegant professional looking and all that nick nack.

if I Grab my buds Iphone and play with it some more im sure at 100% i can find ALLOT of things about it that I dont like..

#6 cant remove battery = worst bleep ever! I hate that . but again it doesn't matter for 80% of the people out there. I understand that.

its a safe bet to say Iphone has every app you'll ever need. its not a save bet to say the Iphone will never have problems and your gona love it!.

Ive never had a problem with my Samsung Focus Rev1.3, does that mean its a save bet? **** NO!!!!

the only safe bet about Iphone is that its the same generic boring UI as the last 6 years. and the only innovation they have done is a better camera and screen. it has just as many problem as other phones.

One thing you should all learn from cellphones is: its NEVER a safe Bet. no matter the phone or OS.

one guy had a bad experience with a DOA WP and say im never going back to WP . if that client would have had a non-defective phone he might still be with WP and saying im never gonna back to Iphone.... ALLOT of factors come into play with this stuff.

in the end they are good. simply depends on what you wanna do. and a morality of sales now a dayz is from EAR TO MOUTH! so if all you WP users keep pushing Iphone like you say you do , then stop compla9ning about WP not selling cause your partially responsible.

would Catholics be Catholics with out Jesus spreading the word.
Would Muslims be Muslims with out Mohammed the profit Spreading the word.
Would Jews be jews with out Abraham .... probably not.....

So spread the holy WP love instead. much more productive :)

Last edited:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I love the "the road from the kitchen into the dining room is always through the front door" quote. That is exactly how I feel about iOS and why I have really appreciated WP.

As for the usual quibbling in the posts above me, the fact of the matter is that the we all need to be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each OS. If someone likes social networks, Office, or Xbox Achievements, lead them toward Windows Phone. If someone likes to tinker with settings, send them to Android. If someone wants something that is going to have tons of apps and has really high build quality, then send them to iOS.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
so everyone likes the iPhone so why are we here?
One major issue with WP is that there are no guarantees on the hardware. Plenty of OEMs make awful WPs (or Androids) and it's not Microsoft's (or Google's) fault at all! Hardware failure is not uncommon.

Apple OS + Apple Hardware = Safest Bet. The only other safe bet is WP/Google OS + Samsung hardware, I think; but, Samsungs tend to be more expensive and have awful build quality. Also, everyday consumers do not know which hardware manufacturers are good or bad. WP and Android's quality and brand name are basically diluted by incompetent OEMs.

Microsoft has actually tried to solve the problem by mandating SoCs, screen resolution, MP in camera, etc.; but, to no avail. HTC Surrounds are still bricking for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
One major issue with WP is that there are no guarantees on the hardware. Plenty of OEMs make awful WPs (or Androids) and it's not Microsoft's (or Google's) fault at all! Hardware failure is not uncommon.

Apple OS + Apple Hardware = Safest Bet. The only other safe bet is WP/Google OS + Samsung hardware, I think; but, Samsungs tend to be more expensive and have awful build quality. Also, everyday consumers do not know which hardware manufacturers are good or bad. WP and Android's quality and brand name are basically diluted by incompetent OEMs.

Microsoft has actually tried to solve the problem by mandating SoCs, screen resolution, MP in camera, etc.; but, to no avail. HTC Surrounds are still bricking for no apparent reason.

HTC Windows phones in my experience with two models are really well-built, but not very fashionable. From what I've seen, Samsung and Nokia Windows phones are definitely more fashionable, but from what I've read, they are more likely to have some build quality oversights (example: complaints about micro-USB port covers snapping off on the new Nokia Lumia 800). The iPhone can offer a good operating system AND a fashionable design AND good build quality. Operating system versus operating system, I like WP better, but it seems like every WP on the market makes you choose between style and solid build quality.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Definite hit piece. Not everyone here may be a fan of iOS, but to suggest it's poorly designed and convoluted is ridiculous.
why are you always overly defensive of the iPhone?

I agree. I've recommend the iphone for man friends, non have disliked it. Some do dislike using itunes, but the phone itself is A+ for new users.

Sent from my Slutdroid phone with spyware and malware

how is it 100% true and A+ when all it is is an app launcher and you can't even change the safari user agent settings? My sis is always complaining that she keeps getting redirected to mobile sites, this never happens to me on WP and hasn't happened since WM6.1.21052

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss