Nokia phone to challenge the poorly designed iPhon?!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that a lot of people here use multiple devices.
why are you always overly defensive of the iPhone?

how is it 100% true and A+ when all it is is an app launcher and you can't even change the safari user agent settings? My sis is always complaining that she keeps getting redirected to mobile sites, this never happens to me on WP and hasn't happened since WM6.1.21052

Sent from my Galaxy S II

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
...Operating system versus operating system...

I consider the operating system to be the underpinnings, and the user inteface what people really tend to love or hate.
iOS has a rather stable OS. Same as Windows Phone. Few people can say the same for Android.
As far as User Interface, iOS is not bad, Android is horrible, and Windows Phone is the best. The WP interface just ties everything together much better. Things make sense. Plus, the fact that it is just plain beautiful steps it above others.

My humble opinion, of course...

And sorry BlackBerry and webOS users, for not including you.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Been using the 4S for a few months and like it quite a bit. Use my Omnia 7 as a media player.

WP is a great OS, and when more devs jump on board so it can continue to evolve, I will definitely be a phone force to reckon with.

IOS vs WP, WP wins hands down for ease of use/speed of getting into contacts, email and keyboard for sure.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure I would say the iPhone was poor in deisgn either in OS or Hardware. Yes it has faults but it is not poor. Some poor design decisions driven by styling yes but those same decisions drive sales so they may be poor on one level but good on another.

Apples issue for me is they simply are not worth the money thats the biggest issue. I also think the Nokia style is as good and in some respects better than the current Apple design. I also think the 7.5 OS is streets ahead in key areas against Apple but they do have lots of commendable features too but I would give it to the Windows Phone again.

Apple have got themselves in a bit of a rut the next Apple phone will almost certainly be an LTE device with a larger screen but this forces apple to produce two distinct models besides simple GB variants. Contrary to popular belief LTE is not a major issue for the majority of the world at least not yet and probably not for a couple of years. Its home market is however slightly obsessive about this feature. The other is screen size whereas some will want a bigger screen a lot will not.

It will be interesting to see how they go about this and how much the design changes. I think if they want to stay top of the heap for smartphones they are going to have to produce a price which does match its perceived design value which may mean comprimised which will probably mean it will not happen.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
iOS is not convoluted by any current standard. Unless Nokia has something truly mind-boggling up their sleeves, I'll file this under loose talk.

why are you always overly defensive of the iPhone?
There's nothing wrong with standing up for what is, for all matters and purposes, the truth. I'm calling this article out, and I don't even love Apple enough to buy a single of their products.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure I would say the iPhone was poor in deisgn either in OS or Hardware. Yes it has faults but it is not poor. Some poor design decisions driven by styling yes but those same decisions drive sales so they may be poor on one level but good on another.

Apples issue for me is they simply are not worth the money thats the biggest issue. I also think the Nokia style is as good and in some respects better than the current Apple design. I also think the 7.5 OS is streets ahead in key areas against Apple but they do have lots of commendable features too but I would give it to the Windows Phone again.

Apple have got themselves in a bit of a rut the next Apple phone will almost certainly be an LTE device with a larger screen but this forces apple to produce two distinct models besides simple GB variants. Contrary to popular belief LTE is not a major issue for the majority of the world at least not yet and probably not for a couple of years. Its home market is however slightly obsessive about this feature. The other is screen size whereas some will want a bigger screen a lot will not.

It will be interesting to see how they go about this and how much the design changes. I think if they want to stay top of the heap for smartphones they are going to have to produce a price which does match its perceived design value which may mean comprimised which will probably mean it will not happen.
The iPhoners I know don't even know what LTe is so I don't see how they can be obsessed with it.

Because I don't like people talking rubbish, regardless of topic.

Also, it's quite possible to like two things simultaneously y'know.

Why like and defend products by unethical companies? Beyond me I guess.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

What, because Apple use Foxconn - you know, the company that also build xbox 360s? (The console made by Microsoft - you know, the company that have actually been convicted of unethical business practices in multiple countries?). And who do you think makes the Lumia 800? Do Nokia make it in Finland in a lovely Scandanavian setting? Oh nooooo - it's a Chinese company called Compal Electronics. Hey, how do Compal rate against Foxconn - who now thanks to Apple have some of the highest wages and best packages for workers in the whole Chinese electronics area? Oooh dear, not very well according to the chart you'll find on this page:

Tragedies of Globalization: The Truth Behind Electronics Sweatshops-Electronics

Best sell that WP phone now eh, because MS and Nokia's hands are much dirtier than Apple's.

Or you could stop being such a tiresome ****** - your call.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's not a poor design at all. People use products that fit there taste and needs. I'm a Microsoft guy but I have a PowerBook that sits along side my dell and HP laptops that sits next to my windows rig. I have an IPhone 3 but rather use my WP7 device. both are very good products the problem is people trolling the ****** mentality I see it like this Nokia will push apple apple will push MS and visa versa. in the end it's the user who wins look at what we got in WP7 and look at what we are going to get with WP8 and WIN8 I call that a win win for us users.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The iPhoners I know don't even know what LTe is so I don't see how they can be obsessed with it.

I was not referring to the iPhone itself I was referring to the US in general and the fact they did not have that feature currently.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The iphone is far from a poor design. At least the Iphone 4, I remember people getting their minds blown by it. The N9 had the same reaction.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont think its the poor design the problems. its the lack of innovation and change in the last 6 years. ..

apple has done NOTHING innovative sints the Iphone 3G, so people get bored move on then Rent about how it has poor design lol.( just to rent )

most of the people I know that left Iphone for WP/Android or BB was because they simply got sick of the same boring Grid. and ugly UI and lack of new cool things

duel-core , SIRI, and a better camera all they got thats new . and they dint even make SIRI. lol

and if your willing to piss 600$ in the wind for SIRI and duel-core , that's your choice.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I certainly not fond of their new just bump specs strategy. I want Apple to blow people's mind with their designs, to become the thing that everyone needs. That makes everyone else to focus of having a good looking devices will offering better specs than Apple =D.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Unethical? I suppose your phone was lovingly hand-crafted by the bloke down at your local AT&T store?
I'm with T-mobile (a company that prides themselves in customer service) not the American Thugs & Thieves.
What, because Apple use Foxconn - you know, the company that also build xbox 360s? (The console made by Microsoft - you know, the company that have actually been convicted of unethical business practices in multiple countries?). And who do you think makes the Lumia 800? Do Nokia make it in Finland in a lovely Scandanavian setting? Oh nooooo - it's a Chinese company called Compal Electronics. Hey, how do Compal rate against Foxconn - who now thanks to Apple have some of the highest wages and best packages for workers in the whole Chinese electronics area? Oooh dear, not very well according to the chart you'll find on this page:

Tragedies of Globalization: The Truth Behind Electronics Sweatshops-Electronics

Best sell that WP phone now eh, because MS and Nokia's hands are much dirtier than Apple's.

Or you could stop being such a tiresome ****** - your call.
Microsoft is currently suing foxconn

Microsoft Makes World’s Most Ethical Companies List For 2nd Straight Year (Google and Apple Are a No-Show) - Mobility Digest - Mobility Digest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos