Nokia phone to challenge the poorly designed iPhon?!

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm sure a think tank no one has ever heard of means they're squeaky clean *sigh*

Regardless, your original point was still debunked. No company is completely whiter than white and Apple are certainly no worse than Microsoft. Who still use Foxconn, by the way (the lawsuit was for alleged patent infringements elsewhere).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the iphone is quite nice. Unless Windows 8 really blows me out of the water my next phone will be an iphone. Other than the facebook and twitter integration I'm not feeling much love toward my WP right now. It's still head and shoulders above my old droid though.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think the iphone is quite nice. Unless Windows 8 really blows me out of the water my next phone will be an iphone. Other than the facebook and twitter integration I'm not feeling much love toward my WP right now. It's still head and shoulders above my old droid though.

Why would you even do that? Go back to a phone that's nothing but an app launcher, and not only that but you can't even toggle the user agent in safari, can't toggle between 3G and 2G,can't adjust camera settings ,can't even decide which Facebook notifications you don't want popping up within the Facebook app.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Why would you even do that? Go back to a phone that's nothing but an app launcher, and not only that but you can't even toggle the user agent in safari, can't toggle between 3G and 2G,can't adjust camera settings ,can't even decide which Facebook notifications you don't want popping up within the Facebook app.

Because it works really well and does what people want. It may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is quite as obsessed with Microsoft as you are, nor willing to overlook/make excuses for every issue in WP and magnify every issue with every other OS.

And just one point - the camera on the iPhone 4/4S is fantastic. The camera on my Lumia 800 is allegedly better, and I can fiddle with all manner of settings, but you know what? It takes worse pictures. Even after three updates it's worse than the equal 4S and still worse than then theoretically inferior iPhone 4. So in that sense, who cares about settings? I'd rather have a camera that took great shots and great video quickly and reliably (and if you really want to tinker with ISO levels and white balance, buy a proper camera FFS).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

The iPhone has its quirks, but it has tons of apps, superior camera, superior displays and better notifications. Why do you have such an issue with people liking the iPhone? There are things I like about my WP, but there are things that drive me crazy about it too, although these things might be fixed in WP 8.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Because it works really well and does what people want. It may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is quite as obsessed with Microsoft as you are, nor willing to overlook/make excuses for every issue in WP and magnify every issue with every other OS.

And just one point - the camera on the iPhone 4/4S is fantastic. The camera on my Lumia 800 is allegedly better, and I can fiddle with all manner of settings, but you know what? It takes worse pictures. Even after three updates it's worse than the equal 4S and still worse than then theoretically inferior iPhone 4. So in that sense, who cares about settings? I'd rather have a camera that took great shots and great video quickly and reliably (and if you really want to tinker with ISO levels and white balance, buy a proper camera FFS).

I meant recording in HD,VGA or QVGA. There's some things I record that don't need to be in HD. The iPhone has no way to change this whatsoever.
The iPhone has its quirks, but it has tons of apps, superior camera, superior displays and better notifications. Why do you have such an issue with people liking the iPhone? There are things I like about my WP, but there are things that drive me crazy about it too, although these things might be fixed in WP 8.

better notifications? I just said that in the FB app you can't even customize the notifications like you can in the WP one. The notifications in WP work just as well if you can understand them and use the live tiles effectively. Superior displays? WP is getting there with Nokia ,Samsung and HTC all releasing phones with great displays, after all anything can look good on a 3.5" screen. If one likes the iPhone or is planning to get one, why even come to WPCentral instead of iMore? I don't goto iMore and say similar things. WP8 and W8 will unify the MS ecosystem , what exactly is apple bringing to the table besides the desktop clone of iOS (Pathetic)? Apps aren't everything,there's been a recent survey that proves this, if the general public doesn't care much for apps then why do people in forums do (who are supposedly power users and more advanced than the general public)? Also on iOS you can't even cue in songs one by one on demand from iTunes like you can on WP (you need to pay for each song or you need an app for that jajaj pathetic). Sure WP can't do some things at the moment but the things iOS can't do are more severe.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My samsung focus I think is starting to show some wear and tear on the usb connection port which now every now and again tends to drop when plugged into my pc. Kind of concerning when you are looking for a fw update.

Btw 1jaxstate1 if your gonna use MW3 Elite in your signature at least have decent scores 0.64 k/d ratio is horrible lol!!!

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, really really really tired of seeing how because crapple/spamdroid have more apps that they are better than anything else out there. Really I need 10 different Magic 8ball and farting apps really???

The only thing I would say is that a bigger share of companies produce stuff for ipod/iphone e.g. in car connections right now but I think the main reason people choose android/iphone is not because it truly is better it is because they are told it is better by sales people in cellular stores. My mother in law was told that android was the best because there are more handsets to choose from.....Really I didnt know that I could get more then one handset at a time on my wireless contract for use with the same phone number!!!!!!! grrrr

sheep will be sheep I guess.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've owned an android, currently own a WP and play with my wife's iPhone a lot, so I don't consider myself to be a sheep. All three get the job done and all three have their weaknesses. At this point the weaknesses WP have are bothering more and more. However, as I said earlier, Windows 8 should address some of my concerns.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, really really really tired of seeing how because crapple/spamdroid have more apps that they are better than anything else out there. Really I need 10 different Magic 8ball and farting apps really???

It sometimes legitimately matters.

For example, I fence (as in the sport, not the resale of stolen goods). When refereeing bouts, having an app on your smartphone that keeps track of time, score, and penalty cards is really useful. There are a couple for the iPhone, including a really really good one. There's only one for Windows Phone, and it's unusably bad (you can't take a point back after awarding it, and you can't put time back on the clock).

As another example, the online legal research tool LexisNexis has a mobile app, but only for iOS. Not Android or Windows Phone. My firm uses WestLaw, not LexisNexis (and Westlaw has just a mobile-friendly webpage that works on all mobile devices, regardless of OS), but for attorneys with LexisNexis subscriptions, this matters.

That said, I wouldn't trade my Windows Phone for an iPhone. Not a chance. But I sure wish I had iPhone-like app selection for my Windows Phone.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just as an aside, with notification centre allowing you to tie in apps as much or as little as you like, notifications are better on iOS than WP. I can get more information from more apps more quickly and all in one place than I can from a whole bunch of live tiles. I'd not had a proper play with it until earlier this week, but it's very impressive and it really underlines the point that WP needs a notification centre equivalent badly. Disappearing toasts and no lockscreen access for 3rd party apps just isn't up to standard.

And again, for the benefit of eric12341 who seems to think you can only like one thing at once, if you can point to where it says "Microsoft fanboys only" on this site, I'll happily leave and not come back. Otherwise, stop being so partisan.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just as an aside, with notification centre allowing you to tie in apps as much or as little as you like, notifications are better on iOS than WP. I can get more information from more apps more quickly and all in one place than I can from a whole bunch of live tiles. I'd not had a proper play with it until earlier this week, but it's very impressive and it really underlines the point that WP needs a notification centre equivalent badly. Disappearing toasts and no lockscreen access for 3rd party apps just isn't up to standard.

And again, for the benefit of eric12341 who seems to think you can only like one thing at once, if you can point to where it says "Microsoft fanboys only" on this site, I'll happily leave and not come back. Otherwise, stop being so partisan.

So now I'm a ****** just because I don't like the iPhone? I've always hated the POS since 2007.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So now I'm a ****** just because I don't like the iPhone? I've always hated the POS since 2007.

No, you're a ****** because you've said on more than one occasion you can't understand why anyone who likes Apple/iOS would come here even though many people have told you they use multiple devices, because you take any legitimate criticism of MS/WP very badly, because you throw out inaccurate facts, and because whenever anyone mentions Apple in any context - regardless of how relevant - you usually pop up to say how much you dislike them.

And I'm assuming you're the same guy who has posted on here under other names before (same MO anyway) who equally freaks out when anyone prefers Google to Bing, Gmail to Hotmail and so on. Which is all fine - you want to be a ******, knock yourself out. But it does make your opinion more or less irrelevant because you can't be even remotely objective.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
No, you're a ****** because you've said on more than one occasion you can't understand why anyone who likes Apple/iOS would come here even though many people have told you they use multiple devices, because you take any legitimate criticism of MS/WP very badly, because you throw out inaccurate facts, and because whenever anyone mentions Apple in any context - regardless of how relevant - you usually pop up to say how much you dislike them.

And I'm assuming you're the same guy who has posted on here under other names before (same MO anyway) who equally freaks out when anyone prefers Google to Bing, Gmail to Hotmail and so on. Which is all fine - you want to be a ******, knock yourself out. But it does make your opinion more or less irrelevant because you can't be even remotely objective.

I can't understand it because you need an app to do anything besides make a phone call or send a text basically. The interface is boring and unchanged, you cant adjust the user agent, you can't toggle between 3G/2G, I could go on and on.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
That's an answer to a different question. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant - it doesn't preclude people who do like it and who may also like WP, or like PS3s as well as WP, or prefer Gmail/Google Maps/Google to Hotmail/Bing maps/Bing but also like WP coming here.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
That's an answer to a different question. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant - it doesn't preclude people who do like it and who may also like WP, or like PS3s as well as WP, or prefer Gmail/Google Maps/Google to Hotmail/Bing maps/Bing but also like WP coming here.
I like Windows Phone, PS3, Gmail and Google Maps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon