Best 3rd party application to chat with an iphone user

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Any advice for the best chat application that works on WP and ios? Skype is useless as it doesnt work in the background and for some reason Facebook keeps disconnecting so need an alternative 3rd party app to chat, preferably one that doesnt try to steal your phone book. Thanks.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with using the Facebook chat in Message Hub? iPhones have Facebook and Facebook Messages.

Or simply using SMS/MMS?

Just curious since no use case was mentioned...

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with using the Facebook chat in Message Hub? iPhones have Facebook and Facebook Messages.

Or simply using SMS/MMS?

For once I actually agree with you. SMS is by far the best way to communicate with someone but this is a 3rd party thread, Facebook Chat and SMS are 2nd and 1st party.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
because with sms/mms, you'd have to pay (most of you) for each message sent, whereas with a monthly data plan, using whatsapp or kik or pingme you can chat until your thumb sore...

Or simply using SMS/MMS?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have HeyTell set up on my Titan, my wife's iPhone 4S, and my kid's 3GS. It's voice messaging instead of text, but if you want some Push-To-Talk functionality, I recommend it. The setup is not quite as seamless as that of Voxer, but it has privacy settings and best of all, it's available for every major platform (including, of course, WP).

As far as text-based instant messaging, everyone I work with uses WhatsApp. I don't, since I have unlimited text messaging, but it seems to be very popular nonetheless.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea most people here have unlimited SMS/mms and getting them to install third party chat clients outside of the big 3 (MSN, Yahoo, Facebook - live supports all these) is very difficult. Other than that they will just tell you to text them.

I was just curious :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've found it difficult to get people to try something like kik. I have unlimited messaging and I guess almost everyone else does too. I like the built in fb chat, but it has a lot of trouble connecting. When it works it's great, but I have IM+ for a backup.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I went with Kik, fast and hasn't missed a beat. Well aware of the built in chat, there's a reason I'm not using it or text.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've found it difficult to get people to try something like kik. I have unlimited messaging and I guess almost everyone else does too. I like the built in fb chat, but it has a lot of trouble connecting. When it works it's great, but I have IM+ for a backup.

I don't have trouble connecting it at all unless I'm going to poor coverage areas (my classrooms).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa