Lame Salesfolk...grr

Ceez

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I felt like sharing the odd comment I received when checking out the Samsung Focus Flash on display at Best Buy.

An employee had approached me while I was playing with it (I like to change the default dark/blue theme on display WPs for fun :p) and he asked me if I was interested in that device. I told him I already had a Windows Phone and was content with it. He then said, "There's not many apps for it right now but soon, it will be getting the ANDROID MARKET."

...I was like, "You don't say? Cool..." and carried on, lol.

I really dislike how people are still misinformed about these phones. I really hope the upcoming Lumia 900 marketing campaign in the US actually does generate a noticeable amount of buzz.

Any one else has had some first-hand salesperson fail?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think everybody in this forum has experienced a first-hand salesperson fail. I call cell reps like this failspersons. :) I personally don't run into many of them. Most of the reps I meet are at least aware of the OS and excited about it, if totally clueless.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Things like this are the reasons why I don't usually buy phones in stores. I made on exception for my launch day Palm Pre+, and I lucked out. The guy selling it to me was really excited about it. I had to ask him if I could have my phone because he was so interested in messing around with it, that I think he forgot I was waiting. Lol.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
...I was like, "You don't say? Cool..." and carried on, lol.

Any one else has had some first-hand salesperson fail?

You should have corrected him.

I hate the logic "Windows Phone doesn't have as many apps as Android or iOS, so you shouldn't buy it".

I also heard the same argument from a sales lady in the summer of 2011. She was nice and polite, but she was clearly ignorant of the whole Windows Phone platform.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"There's not many apps for it right now but soon, it will be getting the ANDROID MARKET."

I would have ask this person to clarify. I personally do not undersstand what he, or whomever is trying to say.

Ceez

May 6, 2011
Visit site
You should have corrected him.

I hate the logic "Windows Phone doesn't have as many apps as Android or iOS, so you shouldn't buy it".

I also heard the same argument from a sales lady in the summer of 2011. She was nice and polite, but she was clearly ignorant of the whole Windows Phone platform.

Ha, I did indeed correct him and mentioned he may have been thinking of the new BB OS but he said WP was also getting it. ;z

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
An employee had approached me while I was playing with it (I like to change the default dark/blue theme on display WPs for fun :p) and he asked me if I was interested in that device. I told him I already had a Windows Phone and was content with it. He then said, "There's not many apps for it right now but soon, it will be getting the ANDROID MARKET."

LOL....this is too funny. The salesperson definitely needs some reeducation on WP7. Windows Phone is as likely to get the android market as Apple and Google/Android becoming best buds....... or Apple to stop suing Samsung LOL.

I have had several occasions where sales reps basically sh** all over WP7 with "It doesn't really have alot of apps" which to them really translates to: "Its not COOL like my Iphone or my Android phone and that's why we stick the Windows Phones in the corner like they are a child on a time-out."

I am optimistic that the upcoming Nokia Lumia 900 AT&T blitz Nokia has payed millions for will pay off in terms of awareness and open-mindedness toward Windows Phone....especially those ill-informed and ignorant sales people here in the U.S. ....at least it seams that the rest of world has for the most part welcomed WP7.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Went into a sprint store last year before the arrive was released to preorder it using the offer on their site. No one in the store was aware of this offer and suggested that I should do it online which said to come into the store. In the end it worked out. The day I got the arrive the salesperson said he played with it and liked it and said they didn't have time to create a display for it. He also said that the reason windows has a bad rep is because of vista. Their slow speeds drove me away from them so I then went into a T-mobile store and requested to see the HD7, nothing negative was said and he was even willing to give me a special deal on it but I refused and just got it from eBay. The sprint store near my school DIDN'T EVEN have the arrive on display.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
One of the sales rep at my local store called me '1 %' after he asked which phone I used. I showed him my Titan.
I just laughed at him and said 'well, there would be quite a few of us if sales rep pulled their heads out of their derrière's and educated themselves about the awesomeness that is WP'. Then sweetly smiled at him

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs