03-28-2012 09:07 PM
39 12
tools
    I just wish that AT&T would articulate their plans for WP devices. As frustrating as my experience has been, I could live with the lag in updates knowing full well that 7.5 refresh is coming on a specified date. The same could be said for the firmware updates coming from HTC. Little things like this go a long way in creating good will with your customers.
    03-28-2012 08:07 AM
    Whats the point in worrying about things that you have no control over? If you want the 8107 update there are ways of getting the update on your phone. There are postings about it on WPC as well as WMPoweruser. It may have consequences but its possible to get the updates, if you are that concerned.
    03-28-2012 08:55 AM
    Verizon hasn't release the update either. I hate the way my keyboard disappears! Hopefully tango comes out and fixes it, this is by far the worst part of my phone.
    The keyboard bug sucked big time, especially when posting here and on other sites. The WPC directions were very straight forward and pretty hard to screw up. Took me about 20 minutes and now my KB is fixed, finally. Screw AT&T. Just do it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Mr_pither likes this.
    03-28-2012 09:22 AM
    Whats the point in worrying about things that you have no control over? If you want the 8107 update there are ways of getting the update on your phone. There are postings about it on WPC as well as WMPoweruser. It may have consequences but its possible to get the updates, if you are that concerned.
    Not to be difficult, but if I wanted to implement workarounds to get my phone working as it should, I would just go ahead and get an Android device. There is something to be said for your device remaining up to date automatically. Users shouldn't have to do stuff like this.
    wolf1891 likes this.
    03-28-2012 09:42 AM
    Not to be difficult, but if I wanted to implement workarounds to get my phone working as it should, I would just go ahead and get an Android device. There is something to be said for your device remaining up to date automatically. Users shouldn't have to do stuff like this.
    This is how I feel about it too. I hacked my droid to make it work like it should and I'm not going to start doing it to this phone. I know it's not difficult, but I don't think I should have to do it.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    03-28-2012 09:52 AM
    So hundreds of thousands of users have to suffer with a disappearing keyboard ...
    The keyboard is an annoyance. The bogus digital certificates are a security problem that could compromise all of the information on your phone.

AT&T and t-mobile are acting irresponsibly, these updates MUST be released or the consequences could be dire for subscribers.
    03-28-2012 03:35 PM
    ps look at the main page here and everywhere else they are working on a better update instead of just the 8107
    03-28-2012 03:46 PM
    ps look at the main page here and everywhere else they are working on a better update instead of just the 8107
    Probably just means they arent skipping tango. There isn't and update for them to 'work on'
    03-28-2012 05:01 PM
    You mean the carrot that's hanging from a stick in front of you?
    03-28-2012 05:35 PM
    hey i didnt say it they did and tech sites did. They said that it will include the 8107 fixes plus others
    03-28-2012 06:59 PM
    "... with no commitment to a time-frame." = FAIL (imho)
    03-28-2012 07:05 PM
    "... with no commitment to a time-frame." = FAIL (imho)
    Because Tango hasn't been announced yet. How can they announce a time frame?
    03-28-2012 07:32 PM
    Because Tango hasn't been announced yet. How can they announce a time frame?
    the phones now selling in China have Tango AKA the "7.5 Refresh" to be less code-namey. XDA already has leaked ROMs they are playing with. betting they will have an update package ready before #theNODOnetwork does.
    03-28-2012 07:45 PM
    ATT store people (today) said 900 is shipping with Tango pre-loaded
    The Lumia 900 comes pre-loaded with 8112, not Tango.
    03-28-2012 09:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD