AT&T not planning to offer 8107

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
jamileh Community Manager

03-23-2012 03:32:02 pm
i got some news about the windows phone 8107 update and wanted to share it with you all.

We are not currently planning to offer the windows 8107 update.

I don?t have any additional information right now. If and when i get details, i will update the thread.
--------------

at&t community manager
awesome; like unicorns & cotton candy!
Follow me on twitter - @att_jam
need additional help? Follow @attcustomercare on twitter!

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "accepted solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

i am an at&t employee and the postings on this site are my own and don?t necessarily represent at&t?s position, strategies or opinions.
Windows Phone Update 8107 - Page 14 - AT&T Community Support

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Expected, it's too late for 8107 with Tango at the door. It was probably their strategy anyway, Microsoft does allow carriers to bypass hotfixes.

Don't worry though, major updates (Tango) are mandatory and it will probably be released in early April.

Ah, you have way more faith in those morons at AT&T than they deserve, my friend.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Are Nokia devices treated any differently on AT&T as far as updates? I would think a hero device like the Lumia 900 wouldn't be abandoned for updates that roll out over the next few months.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Expected, it's too late for 8107 with Tango at the door. It was probably their strategy anyway, Microsoft does allow carriers to bypass hotfixes.

Don't worry though, major updates (Tango) are mandatory and it will probably be released in early April.

Is Tango even a major update? Microsoft seems to be saying it is just a minor tweak (refresh)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So hundreds of thousands of users have to suffer with a disappearing keyboard needlessly for many more weeks or months (or possibly forever) because of AT&Ts laziness. Meaning, basically no technical reason to not push out the update. They are lucky we are loyal followers. If there was a viable option things would be different.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So hundreds of thousands of users have to suffer with a disappearing keyboard needlessly for many more weeks or months (or possibly forever) because of AT&Ts laziness. Meaning, basically no technical reason to not push out the update. They are lucky we are loyal followers. If there was a viable option things would be different.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

so you're not a loyal follower then...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Ah, you have way more faith in those morons at AT&T than they deserve, my friend.

Its called optimism that when they rollout the tango update it will include as in thge past updates an update to 7740 an update to 8107 and the tango 87 whatever . Until that happens or doesnt happen why worry and fret do your best to be happy today! Dont worry over things you have no control over. Its pointless and debilitating! And its just a smartphone!

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Just got it from tmobile so dunno what you mean too late. That keyboard bug is critical and can cause returns or make people consider other devices.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
so I have done the .cab update method on my Focus S and it seems to be working fine. BUT I only included the english language files in the update process. could this cause a problem? better yet - could I remove all those extra language packs that I will not be using and gain a little more free space??? (if so - how?)

TIA

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate this crap with att. They only cater to apple it seems. MS made the update work with the OS on all phones on the market. What changes has att made to their phones that prohibits them from rolling it out? And they still do not have vvm either.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, AT&T rep in the family, he's a regional rep not store. He basically told me that all phones from htc titan2 and lumia will be receiving updates in a timely manner. He said that lumia is already scheduled for apollo. Believes titan2 will get it as well. He said previous phones may get mango if they can support it. Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel