AT&T not planning to offer 8107

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Are Nokia devices treated any differently on AT&T as far as updates? I would think a hero device like the Lumia 900 wouldn't be abandoned for updates that roll out over the next few months.

I think its too early to know the answer to that as their havent been any updates for the Nokia 900 yet and the phones not due for release until April 8 or 9.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I love how people make excuse for AT&T. All they had to do was request the update. This is NOT a painstaking process. 1. Request 2. Done

AT&T knows that people with the money to do so will just buy another (new) device. But ignore those stuck on 2 yr. contracts with an outdated OS. It's hard to see how some people STILL have so much faith in AT&T. And for those people, can you even OFFICIALLY tell us why they're not releasing it? Didn't think so....

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Some people act like this update is pointless. It not only fixes the keyboard issue, but also various security issues, as well as a bug with google. Nevertheless Microsoft doesn't just make updates for the **** of it, I'm sure ANY update they release is beneficial in some way or another, and not meant to be blocked by carriers. If you don't care how your phone operates and are happy with no update it's probably because you only use it to make calls or just don't know how a smartphone is supposed to operate. Especially if a fix is readily available.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The securityu fix was not necessary for most ATT phones from my understanding. As far as the keyboard fix I have never experienced the disappearing keyboard issue so I dont have any pressing need for the updates. There is a workaround with the background agents that seems to have cured much ot if. I would speculate that the reason for not releasing 8107 is due to the above and also due to the impending release next month of tango which if true to the past will bring those prior updates not released by ATT to all devices. Thats what I expect and believe it will hapenn until I see otherwise.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon hasn't release the update either. I hate the way my keyboard disappears! Hopefully tango comes out and fixes it, this is by far the worst part of my phone.

pfe1223

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just wish that AT&T would articulate their plans for WP devices. As frustrating as my experience has been, I could live with the lag in updates knowing full well that 7.5 refresh is coming on a specified date. The same could be said for the firmware updates coming from HTC. Little things like this go a long way in creating good will with your customers.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Whats the point in worrying about things that you have no control over? If you want the 8107 update there are ways of getting the update on your phone. There are postings about it on WPC as well as WMPoweruser. It may have consequences but its possible to get the updates, if you are that concerned.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon hasn't release the update either. I hate the way my keyboard disappears! Hopefully tango comes out and fixes it, this is by far the worst part of my phone.
The keyboard bug sucked big time, especially when posting here and on other sites. The WPC directions were very straight forward and pretty hard to screw up. Took me about 20 minutes and now my KB is fixed, finally. Screw AT&T. Just do it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

pfe1223

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Whats the point in worrying about things that you have no control over? If you want the 8107 update there are ways of getting the update on your phone. There are postings about it on WPC as well as WMPoweruser. It may have consequences but its possible to get the updates, if you are that concerned.

Not to be difficult, but if I wanted to implement workarounds to get my phone working as it should, I would just go ahead and get an Android device. There is something to be said for your device remaining up to date automatically. Users shouldn't have to do stuff like this.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to be difficult, but if I wanted to implement workarounds to get my phone working as it should, I would just go ahead and get an Android device. There is something to be said for your device remaining up to date automatically. Users shouldn't have to do stuff like this.

This is how I feel about it too. I hacked my droid to make it work like it should and I'm not going to start doing it to this phone. I know it's not difficult, but I don't think I should have to do it.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

stlbud

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
So hundreds of thousands of users have to suffer with a disappearing keyboard ...

The keyboard is an annoyance. The bogus digital certificates are a security problem that could compromise all of the information on your phone.

AT&T and t-mobile are acting irresponsibly, these updates MUST be released or the consequences could be dire for subscribers.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Because Tango hasn't been announced yet. How can they announce a time frame?
the phones now selling in China have Tango AKA the "7.5 Refresh" to be less code-namey. XDA already has leaked ROMs they are playing with. betting they will have an update package ready before #theNODOnetwork does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs