Htc sould wake up!

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Htc should wake up!!

I keep on coming accross posts and comments on prolonging battery life for poor battery HTC phones like the HD7 and I aks my self, So with all these suffering, tormenting, users trying out their own techniques and methods to improve their HD7's battery life, can't HTC sense our pain and release some form of battery life update for the HTC HD7 and other poor battery related phones? I can see they don't really care about the HD7 again since they are now dealing with the HTC One family and planning on Apollo devices but they should know that the HD7 might be OLD but still a good phone and needs support. I wonder why they even gave it a 1230mAh battery in the first place back in 2010 (a phone with such a huge display? was it a kid that made that damn decision?? Even the tiny Nokia Lumia 610 with minimal specs has a 1300mAh and my very old Sony Ericsson Aspen with minimal specs running the neglected Windows Mobile 6.5.3, less apps and less backgroud tasks having a 1500mAh battery)...did they plan for these things to happen to the HD7 so we might be forced to get new phones later in the year??
I sometimes feel disappointed in HTC since they kinda forget the phones they release and think about the future ones.
Nokia is new in Windows Phone bussiness but is far better than HTC, look at their apps, still cant believe I have to wait for 90 days to get CNN and ESPN apps. Nokia keeps on pushing hard and release firmware updates to fix battery issues and call ending problems in no time. HTC will never do this and my question is WHYYYY?? They don't even release new apps at the market place.
I plus my family and some good friends are huge HTC fans (for years) but not again since we are disappointed in them. I Will be getting an Apollo device and it's gonna be a Nokia Phone..no doubt...and I know people with the same idea are out there.
HTC PLEASE WAKE UP AND SHOW SUPPORT FOR YOUR ALREADY RELEASED DEVICES (HTC HD7) COZ YOU'VE STARTED LOOSING GREAT FANS TO NOKIA! (no wonder they are Windows Phone King now)...I'M PISSED THIS MORNING :mad::mad:

Last edited:

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the reasons I don't like HTC. Aside from the general bugginess, they have horrible battery life. On the other hand, they have really big displays.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and the HTC Titan 2 will only have a 1730 mAh battery...Did anyone learn anything from the Motorola Razr? I know it's a different operating system and people manage their batteries different but Morotola had to pretty much double the size of their battery to get it up to par.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
HTC did release a battery update to go along with the 8107 update, since I installed it I cam say that I noticed a big difference in battery life. HTC is just as committed to WP as Nokia is, so far they still have more devices out there than Nokia.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
HTC did release a battery update to go along with the 8107 update, since I installed it I cam say that I noticed a big difference in battery life. HTC is just as committed to WP as Nokia is, so far they still have more devices out there than Nokia.

I have 8107 on mine and battery life is just as abysmal as ever. HTC releases about 500 phones/year, and they would rather me buy a Titan--sorry, Titan II--than have a functional HD7. Imagine if the iPhone 5 came out right now how pissed people would be! (who am I kidding, they'd still camp outside the store to buy it on release day) But the Titan is 6 months old, if that, and we are all "eagerly" awaiting the Titan II, which will be released any minute now.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Radar battery life is excellent, but I guess that's the odd one out, and probably mostly due to chipsets used in 2nd gen phones being fabricated on a smaller process than the first.

It's a shame, I think, since they are excellent when it comes to the exterior quality of their phones. Maybe manufacturing at home in Taiwan rather than using the big Chinese factories means they have to cut corners to keep competitive prices.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Having more devices out there and not supporting them doesn't really make sense to me. Will rather prefer an OEM with few devices out there and still support them. It's the quality of phones with support we need not quantity.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and the HTC Titan 2 will only have a 1730 mAh battery...Did anyone learn anything from the Motorola Razr? I know it's a different operating system and people manage their batteries different but Morotola had to pretty much double the size of their battery to get it up to par.

Sometimes I just wish that phone was a Windows Phone.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans