Connecting to an Ad-hoc wifi connection.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, is there anyway to connect to an adhoc wifi connection on WP7? I'm trying to connect to a an adhoc connection I setup on my laptop, but my lumia 710 doesn't even see it. I've tried tried adding the name as if the SSID was hidden, didn't work either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it's just the lumia that can't see it or connect, I've tried it on another pc and on my iPad and it worked perfectly :/

Suwath

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I also experiences this with Lumia 920 and found out that Windows Phone 8 does not support WiFi adhoc mode. It can only connect to WiFi infrastructure mode. On Windows 7, this mode can be done using software like 'mhotsopt'.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I know. I use connectify. Problem is, there are some wifi cards that don't support acces point mode and only support ad-hoc mode.

gg31hh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just posted a thread like this yesterday.

Anyway.. I found a solution n hope it will work for you too.
I installed a hotspot maker :
Download mHotspot 5.3

You dont need anymore than the hardware you have to receive WIFI
\(just a WIFI adaptor)

Hope this help

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I find it very dissapointing that Microsoft can't be bothered to enable WP7 or 8 to connect to ad hoc networks. I recently set up such a network and was surprised my WP did not even see it.

Further problem is when you try to set up ad hoc on Win8 since Microsoft in all their wisdom remored the UI option to do it, had an issue when I wanted to set up ad hoc connection with my Surface Pro, hope they put this funcionality back with W8.1.

Bensh Paul

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I have Installed mHotspot. And the hotspot was detected in my Lumia 630 mobile which runs on Windows 8.1. But it says the phone will not able to connect to Internet. In laptop am using internet via Bluetooth modem from Nokia N8 using AdHoc Network.

danial32

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I think you are experiencing this problem due to not setting up your laptop. You may try with anyother third party software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos