07-12-2012 05:16 AM
36 12
tools
    Not exactly sure what your asking so bare with me. Ok if you have already updated to version 7740 on both, that's fine. The update that blocks the unlock\debrand is 8107. You can update you phones but will have to do the procedure BEFORE the 8107 update will show up.

Are you trying to update in Spanish?
    07-09-2012 01:29 PM
    If you still don't get notified for updates after the process you may want to try the internet kill trick, but my phone notified me of the 8107 update as soon as I did the debranding and unlock
    07-09-2012 01:32 PM
    Not exactly sure what your asking so bare with me. Ok if you have already updated to version 7740 on both, that's fine. The update that blocks the unlock\debrand is 8107. You can update you phones but will have to do the procedure BEFORE the 8107 update will show up.

Are you trying to update in Spanish?
    Thanks I'm already on 8107! I'm going to Tango Update with this tutorial
    http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-w...do-it-yourself

Are you in Tango?

Thanks for your help.:)
    07-09-2012 09:09 PM
    Thanks I'm already on 8107! I'm going to Tango Update with this tutorial
    http://www.windowscentral.com/cant-w...do-it-yourself

Are you in Tango?

Thanks for your help.:)
    Yes I'm running Tango but you can do the internet unplug trick to get the official update to ensure you get the firmware update from Samsung at some point if not immediately.

I did that method first but rolled back to get it through Zune, still haven't received the firmware yet though.
    07-09-2012 09:24 PM
    Yes I'm running Tango but you can do the internet unplug trick to get the official update to ensure you get the firmware update from Samsung at some point if not immediately.

I did that method first but rolled back to get it through Zune, still haven't received the firmware yet though.
    I'm tried the unplug trick but doesn't work for me, sometimes tell me that the phone is updated and other times told me that the internet is unplugged.

The steps i follow are this

- Set the phone in airplane mode.
    - Connect the phone and go to setting of the phone.
    - Click the update, after click another tab, and then rollback to update after 1 - 2 seconds disable the WIFI, then wait..........

And never told me about an update to the phone onle(Phone Updated or Internet Connection Lost).
    07-10-2012 12:29 AM
    I'm tried the unplug trick but doesn't work for me, sometimes tell me that the phone is updated and other times told me that the internet is unplugged.

The steps i follow are this

- Set the phone in airplane mode.
    - Connect the phone and go to setting of the phone.
    - Click the update, after click another tab, and then rollback to update after 1 - 2 seconds disable the WIFI, then wait..........

And never told me about an update to the phone onle(Phone Updated or Internet Connection Lost).
    Yea it took me a while for 8112 with tbeunplugging, but got it the first timw for 8773!!! Well do the cab sender method as I had the same problems with the official one (since there's no firmware still can'tsend videos etc.) Well just let me know how things go just remember the unplug trick is all about timing I actually got mine to work by pulling wire a split second after the update bar filled up. Hope this helps!!! Glad your on your way!! :D
    07-10-2012 08:38 AM
    Yea it took me a while for 8112 with tbeunplugging, but got it the first timw for 8773!!! Well do the cab sender method as I had the same problems with the official one (since there's no firmware still can'tsend videos etc.) Well just let me know how things go just remember the unplug trick is all about timing I actually got mine to work by pulling wire a split second after the update bar filled up. Hope this helps!!! Glad your on your way!! :D
    Well i'm doing a couple of thing in the cell and i noticed that the CALLS DONT WORK! when i enter in the call tile the phone crash and get the home screen! I will try the timming procedure to update the 8107 and see if i get it, if not i going to restore to 7720 and doing the timing procedure to get the official Update for the phone.!

I think my problem is trying with the wifi, i noticed that i dont have much control of timing, i will do the procedure with a RJ-45.

In the procedure i need to put the phone in airplane mode right?
    07-10-2012 09:18 AM
    Yes you should have your phone on airplane mode on. As well as wifi turned off. Also the .cab sender method DOES work, if your phone is crashing then you either missed one of the OS packages or one or more of the languages. You should have all twenty two languages and you have to install all of them each time.
    ocvillanuevaz likes this.
    07-10-2012 09:30 AM
    Do it yourself and visit us often... ;)
    07-10-2012 03:58 PM
    Yes you should have your phone on airplane mode on. As well as wifi turned off. Also the .cab sender method DOES work, if your phone is crashing then you either missed one of the OS packages or one or more of the languages. You should have all twenty two languages and you have to install all of them each time.
    Thanks, with ethernet cable i was capable to do the procedure :) as yo say "its all about timming" now i'm in 8773.98!!!!!!!!!!

Thankss!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    07-11-2012 02:05 PM
    Yeah, I decided from day one I was going to hack the heck out of my Omnia 7 (at the time, Mango was in developer beta and there was no way I was going to put up with the mess that was pre-Mango). It's treated me nicely, definitely fewer problems than I had when customizing Windows Mobile.
    07-12-2012 05:16 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD