WOW, WPCentral News today is great.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Just looking at the latest news on the front page of WPCentral makes me excited to have a Windows phone. The commitment of Microsoft to LTE and AT&T, good sales of WP's by Canadian companies, new WP in China, a room full of developers for WP, etc. Maybe most interesting is that MS seems to be giving away Windows Phones at their stores in the smoked by... promotion.

Really exciting times for this OS and it really is showing some _alls by MS, Nokia, and AT&T. Too bad I am stuck on Verizon, haha.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I am also on verizon. trying to jump ship, but the year long anchor has got a hold of me. And the HTC trophy isn't an option for me or my wife. Too small and the videos aren't of good quality. We went to ATT and surprisingly even being 800 x 480, the Titan still showed pretty decent HD quality vids. We are trying to scrounge around to scoop up extra funds for the verizon ETF of 350 each...but no dice. I hope i don't get passed up on the Lumia 900 or Titan 2.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also on verizon. trying to jump ship, but the year long anchor has got a hold of me. And the HTC trophy isn't an option for me or my wife. Too small and the videos aren't of good quality. We went to ATT and surprisingly even being 800 x 480, the Titan still showed pretty decent HD quality vids. We are trying to scrounge around to scoop up extra funds for the verizon ETF of 350 each...but no dice. I hope i don't get passed up on the Lumia 900 or Titan 2.

why dont you sell both yours and your wifes phone and put that money toward the etf. Also shouldnt your etf be less than 350 each because there is only a year left? one more thing the etf an be paid in monthly installments

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
why dont you sell both yours and your wifes phone and put that money toward the etf. Also shouldnt your etf be less than 350 each because there is only a year left? one more thing the etf an be paid in monthly installments

We were thinkin' about selling the phones and doing it that way. Also, I DID NOT KNOW THAT I CAN PAY OFF THE ETF IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS!!!! This is great news. Because I think I will try this tonight and then get a 'temp' WP phone until the two bigguns show up on april 8th. I'm going to call right now and find out about the monthly installments. thanks.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
We were thinkin' about selling the phones and doing it that way. Also, I DID NOT KNOW THAT I CAN PAY OFF THE ETF IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS!!!! This is great news. Because I think I will try this tonight and then get a 'temp' WP phone until the two bigguns show up on april 8th. I'm going to call right now and find out about the monthly installments. thanks.

no problem just make sure you tell them its a financial hardship and you have to go to at&t because of work

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

Verizon said:
If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete... Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle

From the Verizon site. So if you have completed a year or so, it should be around $230 for each

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
More good news.

#SmokedByWindowsPhone scrapped, Microsoft outright giving phones away | WMPoweruser

capturelhq.png

Two days before the Windows Phone challenge at the Microsoft Stores was set to end, Microsoft has now extended the deal to April 8th, albeit with a change.

Because customer demand has been so high and because customers have pretty much been coming in just to LOSE and get a phone (they don’t care about the challenge), the stores will no longer be doing the challenge and instead, if you bring in any old smartphone and recycle it at the store, they will give you from $50 to $300 in credit towards a new Windows Phone, free of cost, contract and activation. The reason they’re doing the credit instead of giving you the phone right away is because many (if not all?) stores are literally out of stock of phones at the moment, and they will be slowly fulfilling the phones as they get new stock.

This is the perfect opportunity to get the Radar, Lumia 710, and Focus Flash for free (those phones are under $300), or a nice $300 discount on all of the other phones at the store.

FYI: Microsoft Stores are also taking pre-orders for the Lumia 900.

mdrapps

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
PC Magazine just posted Readers Choice awards which showed that Windows Phone customer satisfaction is on top. Lots of other interesting facts as well.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you folks think there will be a line for this? I was discussing this with my wife and I told her there shouldn't be. There weren't overly big lines for the nexus when it came out a months ago, so I don't think there will be lines for this. But I could be wrong.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
From the Verizon site. So if you have completed a year or so, it should be around $230 for each

Good info. taking it and running with it. I was tempted to cancel out yesterday, but my GF didn't want to do it yet. I was going to get a 'temp' phone because of the 30 day turn in policy THEN get the lumia 900. but she is afraid because WHAT IF the lumia 900 isn't all what its cracked up to be and we wasted a 30 day turn in on it? Somehow, I don't think the 900 will be a disappointment. All the titan 2 will have on it IMO is size.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Good info. taking it and running with it. I was tempted to cancel out yesterday, but my GF didn't want to do it yet. I was going to get a 'temp' phone because of the 30 day turn in policy THEN get the lumia 900. but she is afraid because WHAT IF the lumia 900 isn't all what its cracked up to be and we wasted a 30 day turn in on it? Somehow, I don't think the 900 will be a disappointment. All the titan 2 will have on it IMO is size.

I can't imagine that the 900 will be anything less than spectacular. The nice thing is that the 900 and the Titan II will be released on the same day, so if there's any change in mind, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, perhaps waiting closer to the launch date is better after all. I mean, the white Lumia 900 will be released on the 22nd, and if either of you decide you want it in white, there's some leeway in deciding, and in case stock runs low in the beginning. Personally, I prefer black/blue since I prefer matte over gloss, but there's no doubt that the white is an aesthetically-appealing, head-turning phone.

mdrapps

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I wish, but in my area I didn't see one for 100. Only 180, for the focus, not even focus s or flash.
I am beginning to see how good the Focus was and still is. It has stood the test of time and by many standards is still a great phone today (Super AMOLED, Gorilla glass, Mango capable). Offer craigslist seller $100 and see if they bite.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to see how good the Focus was and still is. It has stood the test of time and by many standards is still a great phone today (Super AMOLED, Gorilla glass, Mango capable). Offer craigslist seller $100 and see if they bite.

Yup, lemme try and see if anyone will give in. lol.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget about expandable storage!

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: While used electronics are generally a safe and good purchase, I do not extend this to smartphones; we get a report here almost daily of a problem with CL or eB purchases, in particular. I would expect the seller to illustrate full operation of the phone with a carrier network and inter-operability with a laptop and LAN: simple, essential functionality. Be patient and good luck to you.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Isn't the launch next weekend? Just wait it out. What if, for whatever reason, you don't like the Lumia when you see it in person and hold it in your hand? If so, you will have paid an unnecessary EFT with Verizon and you'll be stuck with AT&T for two years to boot. Wait, be sure that you want the Lumia, and THEN terminate with Verizon. It's the smart play.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I already know I want the WP7 phone, and I know I want the Lumia 900. It's just a matter of whether it will be what it's expected to be. They don't hype up the specs or anything. It's more about the OS ecosystem and build. The specs aren't anything special. The OS itself is whats special in my opinion. HTC and it's battery life issue was a bit of a turn off. And the battery on the Titan and Titan 2 aren't removable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss