so last month i traded my trophy for a bionic. i know, right? but i will be back, soon! i did this for features and apps i couldnt live without, particularly the zynga apps as mentioned in another post. not too mention i get 4gb of data for the same price as 2gb , 4g LTE, FFC, and google maps / navigation. the trophy was indeed a nice phone, but not comparible to the bionic. and although windows OS is much smoother, there were some things about android i really missed, like playing nes emulators.... super mario 3!!! so i did a temporary trade. trust me, android over all is exactly what it used to be. choppy and fragmented. it has some pros, as well though. over all i am a windows guy, and i already miss my trophy in certain aspects, but cant convince myself the things i want and dont have on windows, i can do without. so i did the swap. i am currently waiting for a nokia 900 on verizon, which i hope they get one SOON! if not i may switch over to at&t, which is scary.... all that said, i really cant wait to come back, and if it werent for my lowsy carrier, i would still be on the team. however, you will all be happy to know that although i currently using a bionic, i run launcher 7, uber music player (which emulates the zune player perfectly) and go sms keyboard with a windows 7 keyboard and sounds. i even have a nokia ringtone, lol. so its as close as i get without actually having one. and believe it or not, it runs pretty smooth! not as smooth as windows phones, but i can customize anything i want.

i wish there was a way to run an unlocked nokia on verizons, cdma network, i would even do that....:@
    03-30-2012 01:10 PM
    China is using the CDMA 800c... the hurdle is Verizon. Hmm could you get one unlocked and use it here? I would expect the 900c to follow quickly.

Verizon is getting kickbacks from Google to keep Nokia phones off their network.

Just switch like I am, the networks are the same now, prices are... AT&T's network is right up there with Verizon now also...

Enjoy the world of SIM cards... and the freedom of having more phone choice on AT&T.. Although I am never a fan of calling eithers customer service(land line is painful).
    03-30-2012 01:36 PM
    There is a NES emulator on WP. It's called VNes.
    03-30-2012 01:37 PM
    How can a "WPCentral super member" do such a thing? True windows guys stick with it through thick and thin. There is an NES emulator on WP now that doesn't require an unlock to work and while the trophy isn't 4G LTe I've heard that VZs 3G network is really fast. Fast enough for streaming.
    03-30-2012 01:46 PM
    Its probably still cheaper to ship hard drives than that data plan lol. As for 4G LTE I wonder how well it will work on top of Androids already horrible battery life.
    03-30-2012 01:48 PM
    So in your opinion Dizzy, do the specs really make a difference? Because these days folks who are deep into their smartphones are more specs driven rather than experience driven. I've had the top spec phones and played with others and they ALL have stability issues across the board. I'm sure windows phones have their share of problems too. We just don't hear about them as much because people don't buy half as many WP7 phones as they do androids and iphones. On a day to day basis, what do you use your phone for and does it do it well? Here are some things i do daily/weekly

1. Listen to music/Stream music
    2. Check out videos on youtube and break.com
    3. Read tech news from special tech article apps (appy geek)
    4. Check articles on Google currents
    5. Stream videos from G4tv app
    6. Check movie times and reviews
    7. check sports scores/ticker
    8. check local weather
    9. Check e-mail
    10. Check facebook/post to facebook
    11. Check google+/post pics to google+
    12. Video chat with tango or skype
    13. Count calories
    14. Post to popular/not popular forums
    15. netflix
    16. login to USAA bank account through the app

And thats pretty much my week right there. i don't play as many games as I used to, although I id start playing draw something a little bit of lately
    03-30-2012 02:19 PM
    Go ATT you won't notice the difference other than much better phones and a bit cheaper.
    03-30-2012 02:21 PM
    How can a "WPCentral super member" do such a thing? True windows guys stick with it through thick and thin. There is an NES emulator on WP now that doesn't require an unlock to work and while the trophy isn't 4G LTe I've heard that VZs 3G network is really fast. Fast enough for streaming.
    Verizon 3G isn't as fast as AT&T or Tmobile. It is fast enough for streaming if your reception is good.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    03-30-2012 02:33 PM
    Verizon 3G isn't as fast as AT&T or Tmobile. It is fast enough for streaming if your reception is good.

I can stream almost perfectly with the one bar I average of 3G on my T-mobile HD7 in my bedroom. I'm under the impression that since VZ always brags about their network that reception should be at least 3 bars.
    03-30-2012 02:40 PM

+1...I have issues streaming unless I have a really good signal.
    03-30-2012 02:42 PM
    With my droid my 3G reception was great, but on the trophy it isn't very good. Where I live T-Mobil isn't that great and neither is Sprint.

03-30-2012 02:43 PM
    China is using the CDMA 800c... the hurdle is Verizon. Hmm could you get one unlocked and use it here? I would expect the 900c to follow quickly.

Verizon is getting kickbacks from Google to keep Nokia phones off their network.

Just switch like I am, the networks are the same now, prices are... AT&T's network is right up there with Verizon now also...

Enjoy the world of SIM cards... and the freedom of having more phone choice on AT&T.. Although I am never a fan of calling eithers customer service(land line is painful).
    Being grandfathered into Verizon, and having unlimited data... Switching to AT&T just isn't an option for some people.
    03-30-2012 02:44 PM

i would but i am under contract until late summer or 2013:mad:
    03-30-2012 02:50 PM
    i know... im ashamed of myself... i didnt know about the nes emulator on wp7... and while 3g on vzw is fast, 4g is as fast as wifi in most cases. plus i get double the data for the same price because vzw has a promo on 4g lte phones, which are only android at the moment... and trust me i will be back... as i said before, i made this thing look like a windows phone as much as i could. and the customizing is so deep its darn near exactly the same in appearance
    03-30-2012 03:57 PM
    So in your opinion Dizzy, do the specs really make a difference? Because these days folks who are deep into their smartphones are more specs driven rather than experience driven. I've had the top spec phones and played with others and they ALL have stability issues across the board. I'm sure windows phones have their share of problems too. We just don't hear about them as much because people don't buy half as many WP7 phones as they do androids and iphones. On a day to day basis, what do you use your phone for and does it do it well? Here are some things i do daily/weekly

1. Listen to music/Stream music
    2. Check out videos on youtube and break.com
    3. Read tech news from special tech article apps (appy geek)
    4. Check articles on Google currents
    5. Stream videos from G4tv app
    6. Check movie times and reviews
    7. check sports scores/ticker
    8. check local weather
    9. Check e-mail
    10. Check facebook/post to facebook
    11. Check google+/post pics to google+
    12. Video chat with tango or skype
    13. Count calories
    14. Post to popular/not popular forums
    15. netflix
    16. login to USAA bank account through the app

And thats pretty much my week right there. i don't play as many games as I used to, although I id start playing draw something a little bit of lately
    yes and no... more so no, specs dont make much of a difference. but some critical apps and certain hardware do. 4g is nice, but i could live w/o it. i could live w/o a FCC, but i cant do w/o certain apps. i pay for a data plan and i want to be able to do whatever i want with it, like tethering, or play zynga games. trophy is a great little phone, but as a temporary device, i prefer the bionic for two main reasons. one, i will be able do all the things i want while i wait. and two, i will have a higher re sale value on this bionic than my trophy come this fall... i had an opportunity to do an even swap, so i did. but believe me when i say, i cant wait to come back, and i will as soon as i can get a nokia 900...
    03-30-2012 04:03 PM

not in my neck of the woods. at least with t-mobile , your lucky to even get 3g, mostly 2g or evdo... verizon is superior around here both in reception and speed

verizon has the best reception and signal
    sprint has the best plans but worst service'
    at&t has the best phones
    and tmobile has the best looking spokesperson
    scottcraft likes this.
    03-30-2012 04:07 PM
    not in my neck of the woods. at least with t-mobile , your lucky to even get 3g, mostly 2g or evdo... verizon is superior around here both in reception and speed

at&t has the best phones
    That's pretty much how it is here. AT&T is almost as good as Verizon for reception and signal around here.
    03-30-2012 07:32 PM
    i know... im ashamed of myself... i didnt know about the nes emulator on wp7... and while 3g on vzw is fast, 4g is as fast as wifi in most cases. plus i get double the data for the same price because vzw has a promo on 4g lte phones, which are only android at the moment... and trust me i will be back... as i said before, i made this thing look like a windows phone as much as i could. and the customizing is so deep its darn near exactly the same in appearance
    A few things, keep in mind that you can get the double data deal, and go back to a 3g phone after and still keep the double data, once your line has been provisioned you are set unless you elect to make a change. In my region ATT coverage is great and better than verizon in some areas, but if were honest they are equal, with somerurual areas not getting att here and vice versa with verizon. Lastly i don't think you are going to find yourself with a lumia 900 with verizon, i could be wrong obviously but i was under the impression Verizon won't be supporting microsft again until Windows Phone 8, and even then it won't be a best buds relationship
    03-30-2012 08:44 PM

at&t has the best phones
    yea if it's the Latina spokesperson although Carly looks pretty good for a white girl but not as good as valeska.
    03-31-2012 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD