I've seen so many people obsessed with Pandora, what is so great about it? It's an internet radio service, and there are so many alternatives... Why are people so stuck on Pandora?
    03-30-2012 02:30 PM
    Because it is the most popular I guess. I personally prefer Slacker and Zune Pass. And the people that complain about Pandora don't realize there are two pandora apps on the marketplace. Granted, they are 3rd party and likely to break if Pandora changes anything on their end, but they still work in the meantime.
    steve70 likes this.
    03-30-2012 02:44 PM
    Because people like to harp on WP for even the smallest things.
    03-30-2012 02:46 PM
    Because it is the most popular I guess. I personally prefer Slacker and Zune Pass. And the people that complain about Pandora don't realize there are two pandora apps on the marketplace. Granted, they are 3rd party and likely to break if Pandora changes anything on their end, but they still work in the meantime.
    I can't stand Slacker, and when I had the Zune Pass I loved it. $15 a month for pretty much anything, was such a great deal. Was worth every dollar, instead of spending $1 a track or $10/more on a CD.

Because people like to harp on WP for even the smallest things.
    That's the truth.
    03-30-2012 02:53 PM
    I have used the Pandora-type app and it is pretty good, but I don't think it is as good as pandora. It pauses and stops fairly often and sometimes has a hard time starting up. Also, there is not an option to change the bitrate so if you are in a weaker area, it helps the streaming. But overall, it is a pretty well-made app and definitely very useable.

I am trying Zune Pass and it is $9.99/month now and it is super nice. You can download to your phone directly or stream to your phone, but if you want to download a whole album, it is much quicker to get them while connected to Zune. Selection is excellent.

But just the fact that Pandora is ignoring WP makes it just a little tougher to "sell" the phone to those from other OS's because they like the name and are familiar with it. Maybe Microsoft should market Zune Pass because I didn't even know about it before I got my WP.
    03-30-2012 03:11 PM
    I have used the Pandora-type app and it is pretty good, but I don't think it is as good as pandora. It pauses and stops fairly often and sometimes has a hard time starting up. Also, there is not an option to change the bitrate so if you are in a weaker area, it helps the streaming. But overall, it is a pretty well-made app and definitely very useable.

I am trying Zune Pass and it is $9.99/month now and it is super nice. You can download to your phone directly or stream to your phone, but if you want to download a whole album, it is much quicker to get them while connected to Zune. Selection is excellent.

But just the fact that Pandora is ignoring WP makes it just a little tougher to "sell" the phone to those from other OS's because they like the name and are familiar with it. Maybe Microsoft should market Zune Pass because I didn't even know about it before I got my WP.
    Exactly, they are so worried about what they don't have and aren't marketing what they do have.
    03-30-2012 03:15 PM
    It's an internet radio service that is supposed to get better the more you use it. If people have been using it, they want to continue using it.
    03-30-2012 06:22 PM
    I like Slacker, but it takes so long to get started in my vehicle I've switch to one of the Pandora apps.
    03-30-2012 07:29 PM
    Honestly, ever since iheartradio updated to allow for the creation of custom stations, I haven't cared if Pandora ever comes to WP.
    03-30-2012 08:10 PM
    metro radio has the same functionality as pandora.
    03-30-2012 08:16 PM
    I've seen so many people obsessed with Pandora, what is so great about it? It's an internet radio service, and there are so many alternatives... Why are people so stuck on Pandora?
    In a word, ecosystem.

I personally have had an account with Pandora for almost 6 years, and have probably thumbed up close to 1000 songs during that time. It would be a time consuming chore to "load" up all my song preferences from Pandora into another internet radio service.
    03-30-2012 09:29 PM
    In a word, ecosystem.

I personally have had an account with Pandora for almost 6 years, and have probably thumbed up close to 1000 songs during that time. It would be a time consuming chore to "load" up all my song preferences from Pandora into another internet radio service.
    Patience my man its new

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-30-2012 09:36 PM
    In a word, ecosystem.

Metro radio is pandora with a different name. You log in like pandora and there is all your pandora stations.
    03-30-2012 09:39 PM
    I've just noticed that a lot of people part of the WP community think Pandora is a must need, I get that MS needs to get on board the bigger apps and development teams to start making more apps to fill the app market.... but I just don't see why there can't be room for alternatives. New OS? New app to use. Maybe, I just don't see it the way other people do because I'm not glued to Pandora. I've been using Last.FM, and other internet radios like Fear.FM to listen to my kind of music... so I have no interest in Pandora, just wondering why the community thinks it's like the #1 app to have.
    03-31-2012 12:21 AM
    Honestly, ever since iheartradio updated to allow for the creation of custom stations, I haven't cared if Pandora ever comes to WP.
    I downloaded iheartradio tonight. So far it seems pretty solid.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    03-31-2012 05:51 AM
    People want what they want my wife is still using her Evo on Sprint just so she can play Words with friends. You know I have been trying to push Windows Phone on her... its embarrassing having my wife not using a Windows phone. We really need all the popular titles to be ported to windows phone Microsoft needs to be aggressive getting these already cross platform apps in to WP. It doesn't matter what you like you want what you want there is no reason it shouldn't be available on Windows Phone. If these developers don't get there acts together they will be cutting out a bigger and bigger growing part of the market share. I think you will see a lot of these developers changing there attitude in the next 6 weeks to 6 months.
    03-31-2012 07:29 AM
    Thats the truth David, and hopefully it happens sooner then later.
    03-31-2012 07:47 AM
    When I had my BB, I used it when I wanted to have a random mix of songs, but when I still wanted a particular "type" of music. You can thumb up or thumb down a song (so when a Nickelback song comes on, you know what I did :lol:) and that adds or eliminates artists from your stations.

This was at the time when iHeart was mostly a "choose your genre" app, with any old artists being thrown into the "Alternative Rock" category, for example.

It's a "must-have" app because, like the name implies, I've come across artists and songs I never would have listened to :) And as already said, it's become a flagship application, like it or leave it.
    03-31-2012 12:53 PM
    There's also the Pandora website that works and sounds pretty good as long as you have either a Dolby or SRS sound enhancement feature on the phone or audio system.
    03-31-2012 03:41 PM
    When I had my BB, I used it when I wanted to have a random mix of songs, but when I still wanted a particular "type" of music. You can thumb up or thumb down a song (so when a Nickelback song comes on, you know what I did :lol:) and that adds or eliminates artists from your stations.

This was at the time when iHeart was mostly a "choose your genre" app, with any old artists being thrown into the "Alternative Rock" category, for example.

It's a "must-have" app because, like the name implies, I've come across artists and songs I never would have listened to :) And as already said, it's become a flagship application, like it or leave it.
    Metro Radio is pandora. It does the same thing as pandora just with a different name. It uses pandora.
    03-31-2012 04:01 PM
    Both those apps use Pandora until Pandora decides to go and change something ;)
    03-31-2012 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD