Email consolidation Help!

wpnewbie

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
WP7 Experts .. need some help .. I have 5 different email accounts which i use regularly .. gmail,yahoo,aol... I recently created hotmail account and i would like to us it as a primary account .. with all the emails from gmail,yahoo and aol in it .. is it possible?

if yes .. can you please advise on the steps ... or some link with instructions in it ...

Thanks in advance

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
WP7 Experts .. need some help .. I have 5 different email accounts which i use regularly .. gmail,yahoo,aol... I recently created hotmail account and i would like to us it as a primary account .. with all the emails from gmail,yahoo and aol in it .. is it possible?

if yes .. can you please advise on the steps ... or some link with instructions in it ...

Thanks in advance

Sure, you can do that. If you are going to switch entirely to hotmail, I'd suggest just going into each account and selecting "forward" under their settings and just have everything sent to hotmail. Each provider is a little different, but just google "how to forward mail from gmail" and you'll be ok.

If you want hotmail to be in more control you can follow these steps here:
Send and receive mail from other email accounts - Send And Receive Mail From Other E-mail Accounts

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The above two responses should work for you. If you just want to link the inboxes on your phone, go to your email, click on the three dots at the bottom right hand corner and select link inbox. Otherwise, forward your mail like someone above suggested.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The above two responses should work for you. If you just want to link the inboxes on your phone, go to your email, click on the three dots at the bottom right hand corner and select link inbox. Otherwise, forward your mail like someone above suggested.

The nice thing about just linking the inboxes is should you decide for whatever reason you don't want them all together after all, you can unlink some or all of them just as simply as you linked them, hassle-free, right from your phone.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The nice thing about just linking the inboxes is should you decide for whatever reason you don't want them all together after all, you can unlink some or all of them just as simply as you linked them, hassle-free, right from your phone.

Pretty much what he said...I have an old Hotmail account (not my oldest one though, lost it a long time ago after abandoning it due to spam at the time), an old Yahoo account, and my Gmail account (which has a bunch of sub-level spam-ready Gmail accounts forward to it as well).

I just set up the accounts and link the inbox on my phone works great. On the desktop I just use Live Mail (no unified inbox but oh well) and keep things sorted that way. This way though I can separate them without having a big mess of duplicates or anything.

I even added my wife's hotmail account to my phone recently since with work and school she is losing her mind needs me to keep an eye on any important emails from her instructors.

And of course in Contacts I had previously gone through my Google and Hotmail contacts pretty thoroughly, I only have the Hotmail ones showing, some are linked, but all are searchable. Works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb