Smartphone Beta Test

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say those videos are pretty awesome, if Nokia keeps making cool advertisements like these then I'm sure they'll succeed in the US market.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I particularly liked the one about the iPhone being fragile. I hope to see some target squarely at Google/Android as well though.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think they're targeting iPhone first because of the Apple branding in people's minds. I don't think Android as a brand is very strong. It's just on so many devices that there's a higher chance of having an Android if you want a smartphone that's not an iPhone than any other platform. I think most consumers go for 'droids', 'Galaxy' etc.. rather than an 'Android'.

damielrohie

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree. this is really the old my product is better than your product argument and with Apple's iphone being the most ubiquitous brand follows by Droid and then Samsung its much easier to target the iphone. i like it because it shows that Nokia is about to get real. real dirty which to sell in the States and everywhere else you have to do.

jamon723

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
"Have you ever had the nagging suspicion that your smartphone was actually a borderline defective, glorified prototype in some kind of secret product test? ...... You may have been on to something." SNL's Chris Parnell says in this ad.

Yes I have had that nagging suspicion.... Still waiting for 8107, anyone???

Nokia should've gone a different route, this ad hits way too close to home for Windows Phone owners like myself. Although I have pre-ordered a Lumia 900 regardless ;)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you can gage how scared the competition is by how hard they hit back then I would say we have some mighty frightened Fabdroids and iPhans on our hands. Check out the tweets on smarthphonbetatest.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven