Noob question about podcast subs

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So when I have a podcast on my phone, I see a subscribe button which allows me to get new episodes directly without having to go through Zune on the desktop. It works very well. I'm pleased!

The one problem is, I can't seem to find out how to subscribe to a podcast without getting at least one episode on the phone. And I can't seem to find a way of doing that without subscribing in Zune and then synching.

Am I missing something? Is there a way of subscribing to a podcast without involving the Zune client at all?

Thanks!

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to do that. I'm just curiouse though, why would you want to? Just to save space? I mean you could just do one episode, then it would just delete itself when a new one comes out.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It's just about convenience. It's an awkward process to subscribe to a podcase in Zune, sync over 1 episode, subscribe on the phone, then unsubscribe in Zune.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's just about convenience. It's an awkward process to subscribe to a podcase in Zune, sync over 1 episode, subscribe on the phone, then unsubscribe in Zune.

You still haven't explained why you would want to subscribe to a podcast but not have any episodes.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Umm, ok, let me start again. ;)

Mango provided a new feature where it is possible to subscribe to podcasts directly on your phone without having to involve your PC. Episodes are automatically updated via WiFi without involving the desktop. This works nicely. It is a great feature. No more annoying desktop sync.

But...

Imagine I find a new podcast and want to subscribe to it. What I would like to do is turn on my phone, and somehow initiate the subscription. I cannot find a way of doing this.

The only procedure I have found that works is to launch Zune on my PC, subscribe to the podcast, sync at least one episode to my phone, navigate to that episode, press the "subscribe" button, go back to Zune on my desktop, and unsubscribe.

This very roundabout procedure leaves me with a subscription to the podcast on my phone where I no longer rely on the PC to download and sync the episodes. But it is a very roundabout way of doing things.

I would like to find a procedure for subscribing to podcasts on my phone without involving my PC at all.

So my question is, has anyone found a way of doing this?

Thanks!

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, that's the way it has to be done at the moment. This may work differently in the US though as they have a Podcast marketplace which for some puzzling reason isn't available here in the UK :confused:

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that makes more sense. I'm guessing you aren't in the US? Because if you are, all you have to do is search in the marketplace for the podcast and subscribe. No computer needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2