Can we make People smaller?

andruthetech

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
First all all, I'm thoroughly impressed with WP 7.5. I thought I'd never leave Android and Apple was never an option for me, Blackberry needs serious work. After watching reviews on WP and trying out a demo phone at a store I decided to switch.

It's a cosmetic question more than anything: can we make the 'People' and similar titles use a smaller font or disappear altogether? (I already know where I am and don't need a huge title to remind me ;-) I find it wastes screen real estate.

andruthetech

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
No, there is no way to resize tiles. Maybe in the hombrew scene, but not stock.

My error, I should have been more descriptive. I ment when you click on the People tile it opens and you then see 'People" in a huge font across the top. Is there a way of reducing that in size or making it disappear?

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My error, I should have been more descriptive. I ment when you click on the People tile it opens and you then see 'People" in a huge font across the top. Is there a way of reducing that in size or making it disappear?

One reason it's so big is so that it goes slightly off the edge of the screen, being a visual prompt that there's more to see if you swipe to that side. So it's big for a reason, and it's not readability.

andruthetech

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
OK, thanks everyone :)

It's not a big deal as I mentioned in my OP. However, maybe the dev team could reduce the height by about half and place a small arrow or notification icon to scroll left or right for more? This would give more screen space for the actual application.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It's part of the design of the Metro interface. I admit it takes some getting used to, but you will.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I would love for there to be like 1/8th size tiles as an option, I only want 3 of them too, skydrive, Office, and Internet Explorer. 3 tiny tiles that can take the place of a 1/2 tile square.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You get used to it, it seems oversized at first, but everything starts making more sense as you start using it.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to, but as other people said, you'll get used to it.

The oversized fonts are actually very important, it's a visual cue that there's more to the right or to the left. Some applications don't have oversized fonts and no arrows, so you don't know that there's more content to the sides, which makes it confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire