Usually I text my wife through her facebook account from my phone, Samsung Focus running WP7.5. Problem started last Thursday, where she would get my message in a chat window, but on her end, using a laptop, she would go to reply and FB would tell her I was offline. I was still online and sending messages, but they were going to her message inbox, not chat, where they have been. We've tried the following:

Logging out of all accounts everywhere
    Deleting/Refriending each other on FB
    Deleting/Recreating FB account on phone
    Different browers (IE and Firefox)
    Different computers
    Using phone over air and on wifi

Still, no ideas. Anyone have any thoughts?
    04-02-2012 06:37 PM
    This happens on and off. Not sure what causes it but sometimes you can fix it by setting chat status to offline and then online again. I have noticed that facebook doesn't handle multiple points of presence well if you have the phone logged into FB and say a PC logged in too.
    jswantek likes this.
    04-02-2012 06:46 PM
    Thank you, I will try that...
    04-02-2012 07:08 PM
    Problem persists, anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem?
    04-03-2012 04:40 AM
    I know the other day I had to reauthorize Facebook and Windows Live because some permissions changed. Might want to log into Live and look at Facebook under your connected services.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    04-03-2012 05:20 AM
    I know the other day I had to reauthorize Facebook and Windows Live because some permissions changed. Might want to log into Live and look at Facebook under your connected services.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    I'm still having the same issues as everyone else. I've been dealing with this for weeks now.
    I've signed out of Facebook on my phone and tried just going online with my MSN account, and I still keep getting the message "Can't connect to see who's online" or "Cannot connect to chat" in the built-in Messaging app. I think there's something wrong on MS end of this and not so much the phone.
    04-04-2012 02:18 PM
    Not having that issue on my focus rev 1.3!
    04-04-2012 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD