Am I the only one who cannot MMS pictures?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue for months but I kept my mouth shut hoping the 8107 update would fix it, but apparently I still cannot send any pictures in text message from my phone - at all. They all fail repetedly whether I accompany them with text or not. I've tried Factory Reset, Swapping SIMs, this is even a second device since it's started happening, and I've run HTC Connection Setup. Other phones on same carrier on my line have no issues doing this, just my phone is inop when it comes to this.

Anyone else have this issue on T-Mobile US?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's my understanding that WP's get the APN for MMS from the SIM card on boot. I'd take it to T-Mobile and show them it's not working.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that WP's get the APN for MMS from the SIM card on boot. I'd take it to T-Mobile and show them it's not working.

It gets it on first boot or after a factory reset, and I've already tried that to no avail. I'll try the cellular setting thing or whatever.

I'm only on T-Mobile for 3 more months so I don't wanna have to do another exchange. I'm out of Warranty right now so they might charge me a deductible. I just called them earlier to ETF my other line, but unfortunately I sold that phone a couple months ago.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It gets it on first boot or after a factory reset, and I've already tried that to no avail. I'll try the cellular setting thing or whatever.

I'm only on T-Mobile for 3 more months so I don't wanna have to do another exchange. I'm out of Warranty right now so they might charge me a deductible. I just called them earlier to ETF my other line, but unfortunately I sold that phone a couple months ago.

Eh 3 months, I think you'll survive. I've had no MMS for that long because Microsoft doesn't allow you to change MMS settings, and HTC is taking forever to add Straight Talk to the list of carriers on it's connection setup app.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my understanding is that if it's outside of it's native carrier, it won't work. I heard a rumor of Nokia phones being able to change it's MMS settings

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my understanding is that if it's outside of it's native carrier, it won't work. I heard a rumor of Nokia phones being able to change it's MMS settings

As long as your phone is carrier unlocked, you just have to run the "Network Setup" application from the manufacturer. All WP7 have an app in the manufacturer store on the marketplace.

I have an unlocked Optimus 7 and all I have to do when I switch the SIM card to a diferent carrier is run the LG app and MMS work.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I definitely couldn't live without MMS. >_> But I guess since a lot of people have smart phones these days, you could just email them the picture.

Lol or use one of those 3rd party messaging apps like Kik or Whatsapp.

Some people still have feature phones becuase they don't want to pay for expensive data plans. Email isn't good. I still communicate with quite a few people with feature phones who have no plans to upgrade to a smartphone.

Kik needs yet another account, that's a showstopper. The WP7 WhatsApp app is terrible.

Neither Kik nor WhatsApp work on feature phones.

If those people had smartphones I wouldn't be having this issue since they otherwise all use WLM...

My phone isn't unlocked, it's a T-Mobile phone with a T-Mobile SIM. The MMS was working, and then it stopped and even with a factory reset it still doesn't work. It just fails over and over again. I basically lost all MMS functionality, and it works on other phones cause I tried swapping my SIM out to another phone and it was able to send and recieve them.

Also tried Connection Setup which supports T-Mobile, and it does literally nothing to remedy the issue.

3 months is a long time to have to wait 5+ hours for someone to get home and see a picture I was able to send to them instantly np, cause they have a feature phone and don't lug around a tablet/laptop everywhere with them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Some people still have feature phones becuase they don't want to pay for expensive data plans. Email isn't good. I still communicate with quite a few people with feature phones who have no plans to upgrade to a smartphone.

Kik needs yet another account, that's a showstopper. The WP7 WhatsApp app is terrible.

If those people had smartphones I wouldn't be having this issue since they otherwise all use WLM...

My phone isn't unlocked, it's a T-Mobile phone with a T-Mobile SIM. The MMS was working, and then it stopped and even with a factory reset it still doesn't work. It just fails over and over again. I basically lost all MMS functionality, and it works on other phones cause I tried swapping my SIM out to another phone and it was able to send and recieve them.

Also tried Connection Setup which supports T-Mobile, and it does literally nothing to remedy the issue.

3 months is a long time to have to wait 5+ hours for someone to get home and see a picture I was able to send to them instantly np, cause they have a feature phone and don't lug around a tablet/laptop everywhere with them.

I don't use Kik or Whatsapp either, I was just throwing out examples for someone else.

Sorry the HTC app doesn't work, I always wonder why Microsoft let us set the APN, but not the MMS settings.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

could've left the bolded statement out,has nothing to do with the rest of the post or the topic.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Neither does your post/reply.

Even if it was an option I could never use such a bad app. That's how it's related to the topic. The Kik app is better, but having to sign up for another account is a showstopper for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo