Just had a holy crap this is awesome moment

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just had a holy crap that's cool moment with my phone earlier. My wife wanted Chinese so I pulled up Chinese restaurants in Local Scout. I found one nearby, opened it to look at a review then swiped over to Apps and tapped my Foursquare app of choice. It brought the restaurant up there and a couple of taps later we are looking at the menu to figure out what we wanted to eat.

She didn't say it but even my iPhone loving wife looked slightly impressed with how easy it was.

I love my Windows Phone.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Local scout works well! :cool:

Local Scout is generally okay. I wouldn't rate it great. What really made it awesome is the app linking that tied into my Foursquare app to bring up the menu.

I really hope that MS licenses the menu information and integrates it directly into Local Scout though. Not even needing the app linking to do it would be more awesome.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
And maybe then they could think about bring features like like local scout to other parts of the world other that the USA

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
And maybe then they could think about bring features like like local scout to other parts of the world other that the USA
It's a shame that it's not available in more regions really, generally I find it works very well even here in rural Northern Ireland.

It takes an age for new reviews to show up on it though; I went and reviewed some of my favourite places locally on the sites the poll for data in November and they've still not shown up on it.

Ideally they need to integrate the ability to review places into the service, or as a previous poster suggested, integrate FourSquare's data into the search as they seem to have much more information.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to WP7...well I'll be new this friday. what is foursquare? is it a native app or do I have to download it ?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Local scout is a great feature, but i think it falls short ....I look for restaurants and it pulls up safeway and other non-restaurant grocery type places and also limited to how many restaurants pulls up. I think it is like 20 or so. Local scout needs to be able to keep looking for restaurants in the area because there are a ton of restaurants that do not show up on my local scout.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to WP7...well I'll be new this friday. what is foursquare? is it a native app or do I have to download it ?

Foursquare is a location-based social network "game". You get points by checking in at various locations. You become "mayor" of said locations by having more check-ins than others. They've recently added menu information for select restaurants. It's available through all major mobile platforms, both via the native Foursquare app and 3rd party apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss