Bing pops up by itself. Siri like companion activates by itself

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have just received my Lumia 900 from AT&T. My observation is that everytime I am in the middle of something, Bing pops up automatically, the capacitive buttons are rendered useless and wont work, then the Siri-Talk companion like feature activates all without me doing anything. Is this an OS problem or is it the phone? Anyone experienced it and have solutions? :confused:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you accidentally touching the Search button? That's the only way Bing should pop up. If you're not touching Search and Bing pops up randomly then it has to be a software or hardware issue. You could try resetting the device to factory defaults.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The voice-command function happens if the Windows capacitive button is held down for a couple seconds. So it sounds to me that whether due to manufacturing defect, dirt on the case, or user error, the capacitative buttons are getting depressed.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I tried keeping my hands off from the entire screen. It still opens by itself and does what it wants to. Now it opens and closes multitasking feature at will. I guess the capacitive buttons are really messed up in the unit that was shipped to me. Gotta have it exchanged. This is frustrating! Oh well, pre-order is pre-order!:lol:

Tried reset to factory settings twice, to no avail T_T

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I woul;d suspect that somehow you arebitting the search button and that activates bing and then you may be touching the mic button activating it

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem and it happens especially when playing games with vibration. PvZ for example. When a landmine goes off or a screen zombie is killed it vibrates. Expecially annoying in PvZ since you can turn off the volume but vibrate still functions. You can even toggle vibrate off but it changes it to a pulse you can still feel and STILL strong enough to activate Bing. When it's a long vibrate or multiple explosions it activates the voice command feature. Is this just my phone you think?

speleoid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This sounds very similar to the problem talked about here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900-ace/189688-2.htm#post1653379 for me it is mostly the back button with the issue or they all become unresponsive. Some people think it is software some think it is hardware problem. I tried to swap mine out yesterday but they were out of cyan lumias.
When I am using the Speaker Phone feature Bing pops up every 30 sec. or so stating its listening and then a few seconds later it displays searches are not allowed during phone conversations and then Bing goes away..... but only for a few seconds and then repeats Listening.....etc, etc. This happens when the phone is laying on a table and NOT being touched.

ali adnan 1979

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, I purchased it from Snapdeal and got my set yesterday and the problem is not going even after resetting it twice. Not only that it has issues related to NFC as well. The set is defective.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here, I purchased it from Snapdeal and got my set yesterday and the problem is not going even after resetting it twice. Not only that it has issues related to NFC as well. The set is defective.

I had this same problem on my original 900. Had it replaced under warranty and it was fine after that. Leads me to believe its a hardware problem.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a solution, what happens is the speaker which is directly under the capacitive buttons needs to be shielded, use a thin strip of an antistatic bag and place under the capacitive buttons.

Of course this does involve you opening the phone but it does work 😊

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
There is a solution, what happens is the speaker which is directly under the capacitive buttons needs to be shielded, use a thin strip of an antistatic bag and place under the capacitive buttons.

Of course this does involve you opening the phone but it does work 

I'm diggin the Specials reference and the Two Tone man. ( If you don't know what I'm talking about, im sad for you)

DCPaul

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 does same...but your problem seems be severe... My problem started with 8.1. it stopped after clean format but then started again. I uninstalled some applications and the frequency reduced but still its randomaly goes for voice search even the flip cover is open and not touching the screen!!!!:eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99