the smartphonebetatest is over! awesome commercials!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i actually laughed watching these commercials , cant wait for tem to air!!! as i keep saying over and over, it feels so good to see the momentum, in the right direction! it feels even better to see MS and nokia really advertising! something we have never seen before...

The Nokia Smart Phone

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
They need to take some shots at Android, not the iPhone IMO.

Android is a ripe target with all the ridiculous bloatware and bugginess and uncertainty about OS updates, malware.

Instead they are talking about the iPhone screen brightness and the antenna issue which was fixed a long time ago.

Android is the real competition, not the iPhone. Most iPhone users will stick with the iPhone. Android users are made up of a tiny segment of fanboys and a huge population of clueless people who just picked Android because it represents 80% of the phones in the store or a friend told them to. Most of those people either tolerate Android because they don't know any better, or they muddle through with the crappy bloatware, skins, bugs and nonsense because they can't afford an iPhone. A few of the clueless buy the top end Android stuff like the Galaxy Nexus and probably have a decent experience.

The point is, a lot of them are ripe for the picking, I'd say that would be a much better way to spend the money and effort than trying to alienate iPhone users, which Samsungs stupid ads should make obvious, is not an effective strategy.

Just my 2 cents.

Nokia focusing on the iPhone instead of Android reminds me of Steve Jobs focusing on IBM instead of Microsoft.

Android is the 300 lb Gorilla. Apple will naturally limit their own marketshare by only offering one model of phone from one manufacturer.

GO AFTER ANDROID.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What socialcarpet said. Antennagate is old news. It's not even the current iPhone, and Apple already paid every iPhone 4 owner for a case to alleviate the issue. Focus on the current issues with Android. Android phones may outperform Windows Phones in high-performance situations, but how often do those come up for most people? WP is vastly superior in terms of ease-of-use, stability, and refinement in day-to-day tasks, and that's what matters for the majority of users. And that's the target market WP should be firing at full-bore...the casual smartphone user who just wants it to work naturally and effortlessly.

ArousedSpoon

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I kinda think the reason they target iPhone is because more people will recognize it in the blurred image than if it was an Android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)