Wow the London launch of the Lumia pooped all over the NYC one

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Still cool that they are doing it... but come on.

London got Deadmau5 and this incredible show:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMYuztBfKg[/YT]

New York City got Nicki Manaj or whoever she is and.. this: :dry

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nI9Xpv1xGQ[/YT]

Not even close. :lol:

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the launch party is going to sell the device, for one thing. For another thing, I think, I could be wrong, but I think London is a much bigger deal to the rest of England than NYC is to the US, which may explain the bigger investment.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Well if you don't know who Niki Minaj is that is your problem, not Nokia's.

I bet you more people in the USA know who Niki Minaj is then who DeadMau5 is. Niki just performed this year on the Superbowl with Madonna.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, London is LONDON! NYC is NYC, but it's different folks and different strokes. Each event seems really live and poppin' so yeah....fun times for all.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You obviously missed her verses on Kanye's "Monster" huh?

deadmau5 > Nicki

Then again free is free and I will give it to Nokia for doing all these events and promos for free. It's an order of magnitude higher and better then anything Apple et al ever did for their launches.

oral2012

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the launch party is going to sell the device, for one thing

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow, you had to pull the race card. We're not bashing the performance because the performer was black, we're bashing it because the performer was ****ING NICKI MINAJ.

your point? She's no different than lady gaga but yet is tons more attractive. Some people like her some don't same with deadmau5 no reason to crap all over the event. Also ever think why it had to be her? Her real name is Onika which is Nokia scrambled.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
your point? She's no different than lady gaga but yet is tons more attractive. Some people like her some don't same with deadmau5 no reason to crap all over the event. Also ever think why it had to be her? Her real name is Onika which is Nokia scrambled.
Lady Gaga would be just as obnoxious. Neither are attractive, they both look like hookers. Just because her name is an anagram for nokia doesn't give her talent.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Well if you don't know who Niki Minaj is that is your problem, not Nokia's.

I bet you more people in the USA know who Niki Minaj is then who DeadMau5 is. Niki just performed this year on the Superbowl with Madonna.

This. I hate Niki Minaj, but she is popular. God knows why, but she is. Just because everyone on here doesn't like her, doesn't mean it won't be good publicity.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Eric12341, OP never mentioned race. You pulled that card. You're missing the point and this thread is going off on a tangent.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I made no mention of color. Why? It doesn't change the fact she has little to no talent. She is no different than that dude Lady Gaga.

Whether you're a racist or not, you're a misogynist, that's obvious, given your obvious gender discomfort with Lady Gaga. And as for the talent thing, as I said, check Monster out. She's talented. You're just bigoted.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Lady Gaga would be just as obnoxious. Neither are attractive, they both look like hookers. Just because her name is an anagram for nokia doesn't give her talent.

whether or not she has talent doesn't mean that one should bash the entire event. It is good for our platform and it served it's purpose. Why can't people understand that?

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
While I didn't care much for either performance... that video you posted of the NYC launch isn't comparable to the London launch...

The one WPCentral posted in their article is much better...
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abyYIHAGQ8M[/YT]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans