Ringtone problem

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have a couple of ringtones in iTunes that I can't get to show up in Zune. I see they are in "M4R" format. Do I have to burn these to a disc and re-rip them to get them in the proper format or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the "burn and re-rip" method is not necessary. There are plenty of free audio converters around the internet that I'm sure would work. Just Bing it. :)

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok I found a converter and converted the ringtones into MP3s. Now in the folder they show up with little zune icons and when I click on them zune opens up and plays them. However, when I open "my collection" I can't find them anywhere! How do I get them to show up in my collection so I can transfer them to my phone?

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, nevermind. I got that part figured out. I just needed to add my downloads folder to Zune since that is where the ringtones are.

Now, I changed the genre to "ringtones" in Zune and dragged them to my Lumia 900 and they actually show up if I click on the device and search for them in the songs, but when I actually go on the phone under settings-->ringtones and sounds I don't see my ringtones. Ugg! Very frustrating that this should be so difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999