Email takes time to load

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

New user here, just switched from iOS to lumia900.

I am having some problem with email loading time. Whenever I open an email that is part of a long conversation (with a lot of replies), the email client takes on average 30 seconds or more to load the text of the email. What is worse is that this happens every time, even if I have opened that email before.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It sounds like its loading the whole messages each time and its takiung up a lot of memory. Its probably not keeping it in the memory cache to save space.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Never had that happen to me but I dont have any really long messages, I would suggest moving the old messages to a folder, so it wont have to load them all up, only thing I can think of...that or delete the old ones, good luck

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen this myself, but what email provider are you using?

Gmail.

In my iphone each email that was part of a conversation used to load separately, so it never took any time to load the text. In WP7 however each email seems to load the whole conversation, taking forever.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Gmail.

In my iphone each email that was part of a conversation used to load separately, so it never took any time to load the text. In WP7 however each email seems to load the whole conversation, taking forever.

Go to the email account then, settings and turn conversation off. Make sure you click save

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone is understanding this guy's question. I don't think he's talking about the list of emails in his inbox, he is saying that when viewing an individual email, it takes a long time to load because it is loading the entire body of the email (previous responses) and not only the most recently sent piece.

phazer89

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, word length isn't an issue, I can read (very) long emails just fine. Not sure if conversations make any difference.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone is understanding this guy's question. I don't think he's talking about the list of emails in his inbox, he is saying that when viewing an individual email, it takes a long time to load because it is loading the entire body of the email (previous responses) and not only the most recently sent piece.

Thanks, that is what I meant.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes. By conversations I don't mean 'conversations' in the way WP email client does with the grouping of emails, I mean when there are a ton of back and forth replies that are part of the text of the email.

Hmm, I have no idea then. Because I was thinking possibly it's because if your sync settings was to only sync the past seven days of e-mails, and say a few of the e-mails that are part of the conversation are older than seven days, it has to sync with the server to retrieve those older e-mails. But actually, I don't think this is the case.

Just curious, what e-mail service provider are you using, and these e-mail conversations you're having, are you using the WP e-mail client to reply, desktop only, or both? I might try to see if I can recreate the problem myself.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes. By conversations I don't mean 'conversations' in the way WP email client does with the grouping of emails, I mean when there are a ton of back and forth replies that are part of the text of the email.

Next time you get an e-mail why don't you just start a new one email instead of replying in the same one thats full of text?

You can try going to a carrier's store & setting up your e-mail on one of the demo phone's and seeing if if takes a long time also, to see if its a OS problem or just your phone, DOnt forget to remove your email after, or you can try a friends phone if you know anyone with a WP.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I have no idea then. Because I was thinking possibly it's because if your sync settings was to only sync the past seven days of e-mails, and say a few of the e-mails that are part of the conversation are older than seven days, it has to sync with the server to retrieve those older e-mails. But actually, I don't think this is the case.

Just curious, what e-mail service provider are you using, and these e-mail conversations you're having, are you using the WP e-mail client to reply, desktop only, or both? I might try to see if I can recreate the problem myself.

email provider: Gmail.

Clients: I used a mixture of iphone and web interface. The email had about 50-60 replies back and forth when I switched to WP, and noticed this problem when I tried to open a new reply in WP email client.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Next time you get an e-mail why don't you just start a new one email instead of replying in the same one thats full of text?

You can try going to a carrier's store & setting up your e-mail on one of the demo phone's and seeing if if takes a long time also, to see if its a OS problem or just your phone, DOnt forget to remove your email after, or you can try a friends phone if you know anyone with a WP.

Thanks for the idea, I will try it in a store demo model.

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the idea, I will try it in a store demo model.

So, just tried this by adding my accnt. to the store model. Same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077