New Lumia 900 owner issues with Zune Software

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I am a new Lumia 900 owner and the Zune software keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software and I'm not having any luck. I am running the consumer preview of Windows 8.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you are a serious Early Adopter! Is there a Windows 8 version of Zune?? My understanding is that this preview version of W8 was released in Barcelona, with the first re-branding of Zune as XBox Live. Isn't there supposed to be a "Microsoft Music" tile, and by design, not anything labeled "Zune", on that version? Look for this tile or an "XBox Live" tile or program.

You aren't likely to get many experience-based responses here; I recommend getting on a chat support at Zune Support.

Good luck and enjoy your pathbreaking efforts. ;)

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
is PC Refresh a program or should I reinstall Windows 8?

PC Refresh is a new option in Windows 8 that allows you to reinstall the OS without losing any files. However I just remembered that Zune wont work with a WP7 device on Windows 8 CP, so thats probably what is causing your crashing. To sync with a WP device you'll have to use Windows 7. Remember the CP is far from final and the RTM will not use Zune to sync with WP so that situation is unlikely to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro