Does this mean we'll be seeing AOL IM integrated into Windows Phone soon? I really hope so.

"AOL doesnt break out which patents it is selling to Microsoft, but observers looking at the portfolio have pointed to important patents in areas like instant messaging and email."

Microsoft Buys 800 AOL Patents for $1 Billion - Peter Kafka - Media - AllThingsD
    04-09-2012 12:18 PM
    If MS spent that kind of money on them you can bet they were worth it.
    04-09-2012 12:21 PM
    If MS spent that kind of money on them you can bet they were worth it.
    1 billion dollars is pennies to MSFT.
    04-09-2012 12:31 PM
    Does this mean we'll be seeing AOL IM integrated into Windows Phone soon? I really hope so.

"AOL doesnt break out which patents it is selling to Microsoft, but observers looking at the portfolio have pointed to important patents in areas like instant messaging and email."

Microsoft Buys 800 AOL Patents for $1 Billion - Peter Kafka - Media - AllThingsD
    That would be nice, didnt they have articles way back before mango that AOL would be integrated too? What happened??
    04-09-2012 07:00 PM
    Looks like we might be seeing more facebook integration into Windows phones. =)

According to the updated S-1 filing just released, of the 800 patents that Microsoft purchased, Facebook agreed to acquire 650 of them from MSFT and will grant Microsoft a license to the patents and patent applications.

I'm not really sure what's going on with FB and microsoft but they both have a common enemy in google (Google+ and Android) so it kinda make sense that they are working closely together. I'm just hoping this all bodes well for WP7 and puts them in a better position against iOS and Android.
    04-23-2012 03:58 PM
    Looks like we might be seeing more facebook integration into Windows phones. =)

According to the updated S-1 filing just released, of the 800 patents that Microsoft purchased, Facebook agreed to acquire 650 of them from MSFT and will grant Microsoft a license to the patents and patent applications.

I'm not really sure what's going on with FB and microsoft but they both have a common enemy in google (Google+ and Android) so it kinda make sense that they are working closely together. I'm just hoping this all bodes well for WP7 and puts them in a better position against iOS and Android.
    very true...in addition...patent wars are heating up and back in the early days of aol...they were inventing like crazy but now they are a company that could use that infusion of cash so selling the patents makes a lot of sense plus they still if i remember correctly have another 650 patents on the books that are "still" good stuff
    04-23-2012 10:48 PM
    I've just purchased the Lumia 610 and can't get my aol email to work. Tried entering POP3 and IMAP server details but not connecting. Can anyone please help? Really frustrated now
    11-02-2012 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD