What is wrong with the intergrated Facobook?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's one of the biggest "selling points" of Windows. It's more convenient and easier to be social. If you're not a big Facebook/Twitter person, you may not find a lot to love lol

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to see this thread go on. Comparing to posts in news and here there is a huge difference. I thought I was going to get people in lines telling me how bad it is. But here, people seems to be okay with it.
Strange that so many hard comments about FB is out there, almost makes you wonder if its ignorance, or negative perspectives against Windows that's spawning them. Or maybe its like in the Spartacus TV series on the news posting, an arena to show how... well, I don't know and should not try to guess.

So far on missing points:
- Can't like individual posts
- No internal "mail" service

So far on negative points:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Check in multiple people!!!

Bugs me...I want to use the ME tile to track the locations on Scrapebook, but I have to check myself in, go to Facebook.com and then tag in my wife. Just annoying...

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1) Needs checkin tagging
2) Can't like individual posts
3) Be able to send facebook messages to people regardless of whether they are ON facebook at the time. My wife has an iphone and has the facebook messenger app. Unfortunately, wp7s built in facebook messaging won't allow me to send her a message unless she is already online. If I could just send an offline message, she'd get a notification from her app, and we wouldn't need a text plan.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Use the Integrated Mechanisms.

Use the Full App.

People's dislike of the integrations is that they're useless if you're going to be shuttled to the app do do a fair bit of things, which you have to do on both WP7 and Android devices with FB integrations. Just lacking things like PUSH Notifications is enough to make a lot of people never use it, nevermind the lack of Messages Support.

Social Networks are more than Glorified RSS Feeds, which is what the People Hub sort of functions like.

I don't think many people a PROBLEM with People Hub. Those people simply don't see a big reason to use it in any extensive form or fashion, the same way they simply don't use the integrations in TouchWiz/Sense/Motorola Skins on other platforms.

If the People Hub was so good, no one would have cared that the MS FB App was as bad as it was nor would they had needed to release it in the first place...

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
@JRAnciano

Neither is everyone's ability to write in a clear, coherent and concise manner.

Though I agree with much of what the OP said. I think.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786