How to enable the alphabetical shortcut under the app list?

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know to enable the alphabetical shortcut under the app list? I used to have it on my 710, but somehow it doesn't show it in my 900. I have installed over 20 apps but it still doesn't show it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know to enable the alphabetical shortcut under the app list? I used to have it on my 710, but somehow it doesn't show it in my 900. I have installed over 20 apps but it still doesn't show it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Needs over 40 apps (or is it 45?) before it kicks in.

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I would say you have to at least have less than the number of apps installed for it to activate. Once the LongListSelector activates, I don't think there is any way to make it go back to the normal ListBox (unless, of course, you hard reset the device).

Fenzel

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Because, if I would like to disable this feature, I can't. There isn't any option. That's annoying me.
Someone made this LongListSelector but doesn't mind, that somebody won't like it. It's not so difficult to make an option ON/OFF for it.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was 50 apps, guess I heard wrong... But anyways to add to the discussion I also like having those alphabetical mini-tiles in the list, makes it much easier to browse through the apps!

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Because, if I would like to disable this feature, I can't. There isn't any option. That's annoying me.
Someone made this LongListSelector but doesn't mind, that somebody won't like it. It's not so difficult to make an option ON/OFF for it.

The only way to remove the jump list is to reset your phone, and not install over 40 apps once again. no way to turn list on or off. Jump list take a while to get used to it. But make sense when you start installing alot of apps, instead of scrolling down the list. Just choose the starting letter of app, take you to that group..

Dimitri Stamatakis

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
the annoying thing is it now has 26 extra icons to swipe through therefore defeating the object of being helpful. Also it assumes you dont know your alphabet and that logically A is at the top and Z at the bottom. What is useful is when you touch the screen for more than a second and a grid alphabet appears, that's clever.

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have my 920 and have 43 apps under the app window, but still the alphabetical shortcut is not popping up. I completely closed and started up the phone (thought it might do the job), but still no alphabet letters under the Apps, which makes access troublesome especially if you go to apps at the bottom. Anyone ?

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I came here trying to see if there's a way to disable it. I don't have a problem with it so if it can't be disabled, I don't mind. Mine activated after I reached 45+ apps, the number lies on 51 now, so try installing a few more and it will activate.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
There's really no way to disable it unless you hard reset your device, or have an unlocked device (interop or full unlock) to disable it quickly.

I, for one, find it incredibly useful, as it speeds up the process of finding applications in the app list.

Danmansonman

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It's not 26 extra icons to swipe through if you actually use the feature because obviously it jumps you straight to the app instead of scrolling. When you have lots of apps, the alphabet list is quicker. Also when you hold down your finger in the app list, that's for options on the app you're pressing on, so really it wouldn't be that clever to put the feature there. Perhaps in an icon below the search box maybe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs