AT&T: False advertisement of promo price?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. I need some help. My wife pre-ordered our two Lumia 900s on March 30. We were aware of the FREE phone deal, but we ordered it through the premier site of AT&T. We call up a service rep and ask them if we are still valid for that promotion of the free phone with 2 year contract deal. The person says yes and that we just need to call them up after the phone has actually been released to get the promo deal. We get the reps name and number. They tell us that the promo didn't show up for us because of the premier site and that it should be ok because they have our order date and time on record.

My wife calls them up yesterday to make our claim on the deal. Different service rep. Says we aren't valid for the deal because of the promo site. Now mind you, the deal shows up on the normal site. The deal was that new customers that preorder the phone can get it for free with a two year deal right? So why are we being denied? I would like to get some suggestions before I call them again, get mad, rage out, and then get the better business bureau involved.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There was a premier registrations that we had to get an account with and then ordered.

SO, didn't need to rage out. The AT&T rep was really nice and really helpful. She didn't see anything in the system that stated we should have gotten a discount, but she did the kind of smart thing and GOOGLED the promotion and the actually page on the AT&T site that held the promotion. She spoke to a manager I think and then credited our account with the money. So our first bill should be almost nothing depending on the activation fees and whatnot.

She definitely changed my view of AT&T customer service. She was nice, helpful, pleasant voice, receptive, and resourceful. Couldn't ask for a better experience. I've got to make a thread about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss