Live Tile/ Background Agent issues?

bcasteel

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Just thought I'd turn to the WPCentral folks for some help on this.

Not too long ago (maybe early/mid February?) I hard-reset my phone (by which I mean reset to factory defaults) after all of my background agents up and stopped working. Once I did this, my live tiles worked like a charm! BG agents updating every 30 minutes or every hour as they were supposed to, battery life improved...

Now, it seems that it's happening again. I have (by last count) 17 live tiles on my start screen. Of those, 4 use background agents and the rest are either MSFT tiles (like Mail) or use push notifications.

What I'm experiencing is this: every time I add a new tile driven by a background agent (taking my total up from 4) all of the tiles go wonky... From what I can tell, it causes apps to occasionally skip updating: for instance, if I remove rowi and its notifications, and add Carbon with a live tile, Weather Master and WPCentral will update about every hour instead of every 30 minutes. And Carbon itself will update something like once an hour to once every hour and a half...

This bothers me. I should be able to have around 8 or 9 background agents, right? Does this sound like I simply have too many data sources? I don't feel like I do... Counting toast notifications, I think I have about 21 data sources total, 9 shy of what I understand is the limit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've considered simply uninstalling all apps with notifications and reinstalling them. I've also considered the possibility that my data connection may have something to do with it, but I've noticed it (I have AT+T) on 4 or 5 bars on the "4G" network (I have a Focus S)

In case it helps, here are my live tiles:
  1. weather master (bg agent)
  2. astronomy hub
  3. gogetter (bg agent)
  4. livestrong calorie counter (bg agent)
  5. messaging
  6. rowi
  7. people
  8. wpcentral (bg agent)
  9. music and videos
  10. calendar
  11. email (linked inbox)
  12. email (folder/alias account)
  13. email (exchange)
  14. phone
  15. xbox live
  16. pictures
  17. marketplace

Thanks in advance,
bcasteel

bcasteel

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
By the way, all I really want to be able to do is use Carbon instead of Rowi, but as I said, putting Carbon on the Start Screen seems to interfere with how frequently all Live Tiles with background agents update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon