After the Lumia, marketshare should skyrocket *knocks on wood*

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the Lumia 900, black has been the #1 best selling phone with a service plan, followed by the Lumia 900, cyan at the #2 spot, on Amazon for since its launch. Not to mention it is now the highest rated cell phone on the entire site, so that should help it's sales; and Windows Phone hold 4 spots in the 5 top rated phones.

Not to mention that Windows Phones have the top ratings on both ATT.com and tmobile.com.

Then there's this article: No Denying Strong Lumia Debut at AT&T - Forbes

Add this together plus Rolling Thunder, I'm having high hopes (again, *knocks on wood)!

jtke

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I see twitter chatter telling the device is sold out in many locations. It would be an absolute catastrophe if Nokia would stumble on production problems or component shortage now. They used to have their massive scale enforcing component supply, but now Apple is buying quotas of whole factories even before they exist.

erine100

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Let's wait until July when Nokia will reveal how many were sold

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if Nokia can get it out in europe before sgs 3 is out it Will be ? continue of the lumia 800 sucess here. They are hoppning for 500.000-1million during this quarter in the us. 500.000 shouldn't be that Hard if they continue be number one for ? couple more weeks.. Also the white one isn't out yet

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
WP7 will not exceed or come close to 5% marketshare before WP8 comes out...my opinion, but i can pretty much take that to the bank., but we'll see :)

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
my only concern regarding marketshare bump is the fact that majority of the current wp7 owners are upgrading to lumia 900, marketshare would depend mainly on new wp7 adopters.

JR A

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I may be contributing to the increased market share... that is, if I don't see any real life previews of BB10 devices soon...

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the Lumia 900, black has been the #1 best selling phone with a service plan, followed by the Lumia 900, cyan at the #2 spot...

This is interesting, I've called around everywhere around here looking for a cyan and they are all sold out - lots of black to be had though. I guess maybe they just made more of the black?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Its matte black yeahaaaaa and market share will be gained the dawn of WP is here let the revolution begin.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
my only concern regarding marketshare bump is the fact that majority of the current wp7 owners are upgrading to lumia 900, marketshare would depend mainly on new wp7 adopters.

Good point. That's not market share increase but market share retention. Better than loss. Still, Nokia needs to make profits and every little bit helps since they're still paying off the cost overruns from their older platform. The Lumia/WP line is slowly making an impact.

Nokia should go into app development and possibly software cooperation with MS.

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
it definitely help creat some more buzz around the lumia if and when nokia decides to release initial sales numbers, if it somewhat comparable to iphone, and any buzz around it is what's needed, but again it would not make as much impact on the marketshare no., and that's what we really need to start getting good quality top tier apps, which would in turn help with marketshare.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't for the price point of the Titan II, I can see it selling. The device is honestly sexii! My friend was at the AT&T store w/ me yesterday telling me to go w/ the Titan II over the 900. As soon as I showed him the curved glass on the Titan II, he went bananas.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I may be contributing to the increased market share... that is, if I don't see any real life previews of BB10 devices soon...

I had been a BlackBerry user since May 2009, and I made the switch to the Lumia 900.

I was a previous Nokia (Symbian) user, but I never owned any Windows Phone/Windows Mobile devices previously.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
And how do you like it, sir?

I had been a BlackBerry user since May 2009, and I made the switch to the Lumia 900.

I was a previous Nokia (Symbian) user, but I never owned any Windows Phone/Windows Mobile devices previously.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
And how do you like it, sir?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

I'm actually a woman, not a man. My name is Laura.

I love it. It is much faster than the BlackBerry, and it has a lot of apps that were not available for BlackBerry, such as Netflix.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It's actually possible that Nokia could sell a ton of phones and still lose marketshare relative to Android and iOS, given how strong their sales are.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah I wouldn't pay too much attention to market share, you'll just get disappointed. I imagine for wp7 to make a real dent in marketshare, they'd have to sell millions (and by millions I don't mean 1.5 million) a month

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs