I haven't seen anybody mention to new users that you have the ability, through live.com, to locate, ring, lock, and even erase your registered phones remotely for no additional cost.
    04-11-2012 11:36 PM
    Yup yup.
    04-11-2012 11:37 PM
    You can do that at live.com also? I only knew the one at WindowsPhone.com. The ringing is indeed handy. I have not used it, but I've had many, many people ask me to call their phones because they had lost/misplaced them. Locating and locking are really nice if/when you cannot find them nearby. And, of course, erasing, when it's gone.
    04-12-2012 07:56 AM
    I don't think its overlooked,just that it hasn't been used.
    04-12-2012 08:59 AM
    Other platform makes a big deal out of the ability to do this. But some platforms need additipnal software or apps. We have it out of the box :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-12-2012 09:28 AM
    You can do that at live.com also? I only knew the one at WindowsPhone.com. The ringing is indeed handy. I have not used it, but I've had many, many people ask me to call their phones because they had lost/misplaced them. Locating and locking are really nice if/when you cannot find them nearby. And, of course, erasing, when it's gone.

It is the same thing...just at LIVE.com you have to go "Mobile" or "Devices" and select [Phone Name]. WindowsPhone.com is a short cut that bypasses those steps.
    04-12-2012 02:34 PM
    Yes and I'm glad it's FREE. I remember using this one time when my boyfriend couldn't find his Focus. We found it under his car seat (no it didn't say that in detail) but I noticed that whenever I try to locate it, the phone was at our address or his work address.
    04-13-2012 02:45 AM
    Yes and I'm glad it's FREE. I remember using this one time when my boyfriend couldn't find his Focus. We found it under his car seat (no it didn't say that in detail) but I noticed that whenever I try to locate it, the phone was at our address or his work address.
    Haha, very nice!
    04-13-2012 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD