The road map leaked and shown on here - https://twitter.com/#!/drupad_t/stat...17695613796352 indicates that the Apollo (presumably) should hit us sooner than we think in 2012 and after that from 2013 each version bump/update of OS should be yearly at least till 2015!

Good news? At least it confirms most of the rumours about how many major OS updates we might have. Hopefully they believe they will be over the catch up game from Windows phone 8 onwards?
    cp2_4eva and FriendOrDafoe like this.
    04-12-2012 07:39 AM
    Interesting - no Xbox on that road map. It's been yearly too if I remember correctly. If they can do it on a 6 year old gaming system that gives me (some) hope that current WP7 devices will get WP8.
    04-12-2012 03:37 PM
    Does "Future Investments" mean the Lumia 900?

Because if that's the case, then technically the next phone won't be out til next year...
    04-12-2012 03:59 PM
    Does "Future Investments" mean the Lumia 900?

Because if that's the case, then technically the next phone won't be out til next year...
    Think that might more be based on OS's, then phones. We're supposed to be seeing Apollo soon, think that's the huge investment right now for 2012. I could be wrong though.
    04-12-2012 06:49 PM
    Think that might more be based on OS's, then phones. We're supposed to be seeing Apollo soon, think that's the huge investment right now for 2012. I could be wrong though.
    Yeah you are right. As far as Microsoft is concerned it's all about the OS. So for them next major investment is Apollo surely.

However, did you guys notice how it's right after mid-2012 block. It's as if it roughly indicates the months - July, August and September-ish.

iPhone 5 rumours suggest its July launch and SGS3 is due somewhere around those days.

It will be very wise to have Apollo launch before these two events. That can harm the other OS sells real well, especially if Apollo aims to orbit the moon and more! :)
    04-12-2012 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD