05-29-2012 12:40 PM
29 12
tools
    I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I didn't see one so I figured I'd start a Apollo Wishlist. Sorry if this already exists...but it should be a sticky somewhere.

My hope is bring out the things that might get easily overlooked by MSFT in WP8. So we can state the obvious, but also why not nit pick :P

Here is a couple things on my wishlist that my Lumia could do to start.

-If no HDMI port, can we get a microUSB-HDMI cable capability to my TV?

-Like the previous...USB connection to my car headunit.
    04-12-2012 11:05 AM
    Swipe right for notifications

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-12-2012 11:09 AM
    Bluetooth and wifi file sharing
    aliensa likes this.
    04-12-2012 11:15 AM
    Screenshot
    improved integration to emulate actual side for FB/Twitter
    Music sound settings to adjust sound.
    cheaper games
    popular apps made at same time or close to same time
    better camera
    HD playblack on streamed videos
    screen that doesnt smudge a lot
    04-12-2012 11:16 AM
    Oh yeah...I forgot I can't screenshot.

But wouldn't it be a bit difficult to integrate into the OS the FB/Twitter site emulator since those sites tend to change alot anyway? I think the minimumalistic take that Mango has now is cool, direct, and simple. Unless I'm not picking up where you're putting down.
    04-12-2012 11:24 AM
    -More account integration...I would like to Skype call right from my contact list :)
    04-12-2012 11:28 AM
    I've said this before, but I really want to be have a similar interface to Windows 8 and the Xbox Dashboard. Being able to swipe left and right, but to keep the Windows Phone experience by maybe letting us also scroll up and down.

Or perhaps even broke up by category: Home, social, music, video, games, apps, settings, etc.

I'm not sure if the screen size of the phone is a huge issue, but I do think if it were similar like that, newcomers would really enjoy it. At least I would.

I would also love to be able to have my own background image on the home screen.

Still using my Focus and I'm loving it more each day! Love WP7!
    04-12-2012 11:51 AM
    I may repeat some of what others have said, but here goes my list:

Native screen shot
    Better way to create a play list on the go in Zune
    Separate media/ringer volume
    Maybe an interruption of media when a notification comes in. Like about .5 seconds. (some of the things I play I can barely hear the notification chime in the background)
    More frequent mail polling/requests (15 minutes minimum doesn't seem like enough for me. Maybe 5 minutes or push on all mail types. Had this on my android through k-9)
    Custom ringtones
    Better notification reminders (since we don't have the notification LED light, I'd like to at least be able to set how often my phone will chime again and again so I can be well notified)
    The ability to save videos or files in general that someone sent me over an e-mail
    The ability to create a backup on the zune software (not sure if I can do this already, didn't see the option)
    Better applicability on Mac platforms

I thinks thats all I have for now

I'm fairly new to WP7 so if there are things I can do that I have mentioned and don't know how, please let me know.
    04-12-2012 11:53 AM
    What about landscape view on home screen. Scrolling left to right would be your live tiles and up and down would be app list. Can you envision how the apps would just turn 90degrees when you rotate your phone! I think it would just make for a more easy adjustment from one app to the next if you needed to hit the home screen first. Rather than fliping the phone a couple times.
    04-12-2012 03:38 PM
    The first friggin thing they need to do is allow for MMS settings to be edited. Its the only OS on the planet that doesn't let you edit that.
    04-12-2012 04:24 PM
    What if notifications came up as white text on your black standby screen. No lock screen or nothing just simple like: "Missed Call -Mike" "Text -Get your *** home- wife" "1 EBay notification"
    04-12-2012 04:34 PM
    It'd be nice if they would make the light for the capacitive buttons double as a notification light. Even cooler if they let you change the colors.
    ejb222 and Jrexxx like this.
    04-13-2012 12:35 AM
    First time participating in this:

- More developers in the app dept.
    - Custom alert notification (there is a custom ringtone feature)
    - Bluetooth video streaming (when I had my HD7 this wasn't available so not sure if it has been fixed)
    - And possibly a phone notification screen but really not a necessity. I think folks coming from other OS (iOS and Android) just need to get used to the idea cause it's not badly executed for me. Me has the Facebook/Twitter notifications and for your apps and email, have them on the homescreen
    04-13-2012 02:39 AM
    For me:
    -The ability to change brightness in a linear way (with a slider) especially for when my battery is really low;
    -All the Bing search options should be available in all countries. Whys should I pay extra for Shazam or Soundhound when the built in audio search works great?;
    -Ability to change the Marketplace location. I chose Belgium by mistake and am stuck with a Dutch marketplace!!! And I don't even know any Dutch=P ;
    -Better multitasking: I still feel as if my apps are not running in the background, and sometimes they are not, which brings to my next point;
    -Better push notifications for apps like whatsapp. I shouldn't go into the app to check if someone talked to me, and be surprised that I have a ton of messages;
    -Option to keep wifi on the whole time when the phone is locked.
    04-13-2012 04:45 AM
    Mine which I think are all repeats of others:

- Separate media/ringer/alert volume controls (and ability to cycle ringer/vibrate/silent from volume control)
    - Custom alert tones
    - Missed notifications page/reminders
    - Network API access for developers (VPN client)
    - Bluetooth API access for developers (OBD applications with Bluetooth dongle)

With the exception of the Bluetooth API, the rest are related to using my phone for work and especially the ones related to alerts for when I'm on call.

Scott
    04-13-2012 09:46 AM
    Full support for email attachments of various sorts.

Native file management.

Zoom and reflow in the browser, as Android and BB do.

Configurable font size in browser and system-wide.

More robust notifications for everything. I think everybody recognizes that notifications are the weakest part of WP.
    04-13-2012 12:48 PM
    Separate volume controls for ringer, music, video, alerts, heaphones...
    Internet Explorer favorites syncing. (c'mon use live mesh)

More of a Zune wish than an Apollo wish:
    Video playlists, integrated music/video playlists. I have this beautiful screen that's perfect for music videos, access to music videos, but no good way to watch more than one video over and over.
    04-13-2012 01:06 PM
    I would like to see WP8 have more buttonless options. Maybe I'm just weird but every time a press a button on my phone I know that I'm technically wearing it out slightly and worry about it not working on future (like iPhone home button issues).

I'm not saying they should remove the buttons but you should be able to also perform gestures to carry out the same functions as buttons do. So you should have screen gestures to wake the phone and some way to access the volume and music controls without pressing a volume button and an onscreen sleep button too. Gestures for back home and search would be nice but not necessary since many phones have capacitive buttons.

Again this is probably just me, but that is the number one thing on my wishlist.
    04-13-2012 05:01 PM
    Notification view, customized alert tones, popup alerts. Yeah live tiles are pretty useless by themselves.
    04-13-2012 05:23 PM
    Look at the 360 interface, and picture this while reading:

How XBOX has the different categories up top of the tiles, we could have the same except for us it be Social, Games, Settings, etc. (let us create our own page to organize things).

Instead of scrolling down, make tiles scale down when adding new ones to a certain page. Maybe have another page to go down since some screens won't be too big.

Scrolling UP on any page will pull a notification center-esque page. Everything from calendar,missed calls, SMS, game invites, even xbox live notifications could be displayed there.) Pressing back or scrolling up again would close it.

The option to set a background image. The xbox can have themes that even give you different images on different screens, so why not windows phone?

Prety much I would love a mix of windows 8 and the xbox 360 dashboard. MAKE IT HAPPEN AND IT WILL SELL BIG!
    danclyons likes this.
    04-13-2012 07:13 PM
    Hi. Will apollo upgrade be possible with omnia w | focus flash. ? Can you send files with wp8 os.? Thanks
    04-15-2012 10:43 AM
    Hi. Will apollo upgrade be possible with omnia w | focus flash. ? Can you send files with wp8 os.? Thanks
    I only have one. That is to make the landscape keyboard use more of the screen. While its good now, just think they can use more to make it easier on us who don't like 4.3 inch screens.
    04-15-2012 01:24 PM
    Maybe I just haven't found this. Screen rotation lock? Please!
    04-15-2012 01:39 PM
    I don't need much:
    -orientation lock
    -take a screenshot
    -disable hardware search button
    -dont show App duplicates in the app switcher
    -back and forward buttons in the browser
    -voice dictation wherever there is a keyboard.
    -colored backgrounds (not just black or white, like Windows 8)
    04-17-2012 03:50 PM
    All this office integration. I just want to print a document if I need to. That's all. I can get around the other stuff here. Just help me to print..........please.
    04-17-2012 04:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD