Verizon beats Premier Partner AT&T to 8107 update roll-out

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, who is not what one could call a friend to Windows Phone 7, has beat AT&T, Microsoft?s Windows Phone Premier Partner, to the punch in rolling out a post-Mango update.

Of course, to be fair, Verizon only had one phone to test the software on, the HTC Trophy, while AT&T has had about 8 Windows Phones on their network so far.

Either way, Verizon has finally delivered update 7740, 8107 and also a firmware update to the HTC Trophy, with users receiving toast notifications that the software is available.

Each update is being delivered as a separate Zune download, so expect to spend at least an hour in front of your PC.

Have any of our readers received the prompt? Let us know below.

Via WPCentral.com

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
so ATT gets one phone ready and starts rolling it out when they "test" or whatever it is they do, to another, then roll that one out....it isn't rocket science...especially when Microsoft has done most of the testing already.

the ones who have ZERO excuses are Sprint, since US Cellular already rolled out the update for the HD7 Pro (Arrive)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Testing and QAing WP updates ia trivial considering the hardware homogeny between the devices. This should be an embarassment to AT&T especially considering GSM has seen superior support on this platform and all of their OEMs have already deployed that update to devices on other GSM carriers (like the T-Mobile HD7 and Lumias).

I doubt "so many phones" is the reason for AT&T slacking. They probably are just putting WP7 testing/QA on the backburner since they have phones coming out with the update Pre-Integrated (Lumia 900) and just want to sell new phones, in addition to putting more emphasis on QAing Android updates (they're probably going to be overwhelmed with ICS updates for their Android devices soon, sicne they had so many redundant SKUs (GSII, Skyrocket, Galaxy Note, etc. nevermind the HTC, LG, etc. devices).

I think all the carriers who are big into Android will see a similar issue (Verizon and to a lesser extent T-Mobile, not sure about Sprint I often forget they exist these days).

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
One phone to worry about... that's an easy task.

with only one phone and it took that long to get it done noy much of an accomplishment but at least its out. I suspect the long delay and then no go from ATT was still related to the focus 1.4 problems.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They should have that crap figured out by now. Absolutely no reason to be hung up over that

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Didn't AT&T state they weren't rolling out 8107? I thought they were planning on doing the next big update, Tango (87xx iirc) which will include 7740, 8107, and anything else prior to it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised Verizon rolled out the 8107 update... Not that I'm complaining. Now all we need is a 4G Nokia phone.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will impress more when they announce and then rollout their version of the Lumia 900 or for that matter ANY "hero" level Windows Phone.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Did Verizon send out each and every individual update? No they waited till there was a few queued up and released. Same as AT&T is planning. That being said kudos to Verizon for finally giving WP7 some love, I wonder if they reason they did this is they are gaining more Trophy users?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion