IE bookmarks

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Not possible

How is it there are apps to sync bookmarks with Firefox, Chrome and Opera....but no way to sync IE bookmarks?? Am I missing something?

It's just not possible to write an app to sync IE bookmarks because WP7 does not allow any apps to access IE bookmarks in any way.

On the one hand, that lets users sleep well: No rogue app can steal their bookmarks and send them to the bad guys to spy on you. On the other hand lots and lots of apps are simply not possible on WP7 because of the strict security model...

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's just not possible to write an app to sync IE bookmarks because WP7 does not allow any apps to access IE bookmarks in any way.

On the one hand, that lets users sleep well: No rogue app can steal their bookmarks and send them to the bad guys to spy on you. On the other hand lots and lots of apps are simply not possible on WP7 because of the strict security model...
Yeah, this CloudFox is just spinning and spinning...

So, what's the best bookmark organizer app?

ajmstilt

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I wish for favorites syncing.
I ended up just creating a basic website with all my favorites and manually added that to the phone.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I wish for favorites syncing.
I ended up just creating a basic website with all my favorites and manually added that to the phone.
Yeah, I'm going to use my.xmarks.com acct page and save it as 'xmarks to keep it at the top of my favorites list. It'll be kinda the same thing... :dry

edit: maybe not. It looks like it logged me out. Crap...

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Most Apps I've tried that attempted to use SkyDrive as a Synching Medium have failed spectacularly (can't keep you logged in, don't sync even when you manually log in, etc.).

abbller

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Most Apps I've tried that attempted to use SkyDrive as a Synching Medium have failed spectacularly (can't keep you logged in, don't sync even when you manually log in, etc.).

g.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb