01-09-2015 03:22 AM
111 1234 ...
tools
    Gonna go by my boy and pick up the 900. Black? Cyan looked awesome, but even the "Nokia Blue" didn't seem to go w/ it.

Black Lumias are all like, Yo yo boy, Whatssup? Everything coo, Aight.
    While Cyan Lumias are all like *Nasal Voice* Hey Boby how is it going? Nice frank good to see you.
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-14-2012 10:42 PM
    this does not work.
    Yes it does. At least on my HD7. You just have to hold the search key for 5 or 6 seconds.
    04-15-2012 11:49 AM
    Hilarious!
    04-15-2012 11:49 AM
    Flipping the phone to landscape view while using the calculator will give more functions.
    gapost likes this.
    04-15-2012 12:22 PM
    If your app hangs and "back button" doesn't work try this:
    Press "Windows Key"
    Open 5 new Apps (or settings) and leave them in multitasking stack pressing "Windows Key" after you opened everyone.
    It will tombstone the hang app.
    jaded skies likes this.
    04-15-2012 12:39 PM
    Press and hold to bring up accent characters.

mdelacoma and FriendOrDafoe like this.
    04-15-2012 01:02 PM
    Remember, new customers get a month Zune Pass FOR FREE! Click on "3 Try a Zune Music Pass." It's only $9.99 a month if you decide to keep it. It gets better.

One Zune Pass can be used on THREE separate devices. That's 10 bucks for music on your phone, you're wife's phone, and your child's phone (or mistress). It gets better.

Each person can still set up their Windows Phone using their own email. For example, my girl set up her Focus using her personal email account. Using the Zune software I logged into my account and authorized her phone as one of my 3 devices that can use the Zune Pass.
    04-15-2012 01:23 PM
    you say you can "mount a drive for Skydrive" on your PC. How do you do that? I have looked around, but haven't found anything that works well...
    04-15-2012 01:34 PM
    I set up a dummy hotmail/live account for my family to share. That way we only have to pay for apps once for both me and my wife's phones. It also shares a calendar for us to coordinate our schedule but we don't have any contacts in it so we don't have to see all of each others contacts, for that we use our personal email accounts...
    04-15-2012 02:47 PM
    Looking for a way to fast forward within a song/podcast/etc... In Zune player. Does anyone have a way to do this? I know how to skip or go back to the previous or past item. ZUne doesn't seem to have ff/rew controls.
    04-15-2012 03:34 PM
    Looking for a way to fast forward within a song/podcast/etc... In Zune player. Does anyone have a way to do this? I know how to skip or go back to the previous or past item. ZUne doesn't seem to have ff/rew controls.
    You have to hold down the next track button and it will start to fast forward...same with rewind just hold down the previous track button
    addicusbrown likes this.
    04-15-2012 03:51 PM
    Nokia Specific but ##634# will install the diagnostics app on your Lumia Phone. There are lots of goodies in there. I wish I could pin the Battery App to the Home Screen. ;)
    jaded skies likes this.
    04-15-2012 03:55 PM
    Not sure if this is a tip, but:

After a few seconds, all the connections and battery life on the top of the screen disappear. Tapping the same area will pop them all back up.
    04-15-2012 06:23 PM
    "pin to start" from within internet explorer snaps a screenshot for the start screen tile. Zoom into a nice looking part of the page (ie:wpcentral logo at top of page) before "pin to start" for a better looking start screen tile.
    gapost and JD Miles like this.
    04-15-2012 10:33 PM
    How do you make a checkbox "to-do" list style note in OneNote? Right now I just have a list of stuff that I just delete after done but the checkboxes are more elegant
    04-15-2012 11:07 PM
    How do you make a checkbox "to-do" list style note in OneNote? Right now I just have a list of stuff that I just delete after done but the checkboxes are more elegant
    On the desktop:
    Select what you want to have check boxes
    Under the "Home" tab, "Tags" section, click to-do boxes

On mobile:
    Highlight what you want to have check boxes
    Push the check box button at the bottom

Poof. Done. Easy.
    04-15-2012 11:13 PM
    What part of settings? I use Bing a lot.
    Settings -> Swipe to Applications -> Search

"Allow search from lock screen"
    04-15-2012 11:16 PM
    On the desktop:
    Select what you want to have check boxes
    Under the "Home" tab, "Tags" section, click to-do boxes

On mobile:
    Highlight what you want to have check boxes
    Push the check box button at the bottom

Poof. Done. Easy.
    holy crap. Have had a WP since launch back in 2010 and never realized check boxes show up at the bottom when you highlight something in onenote

thank you
    04-15-2012 11:36 PM
    You can have Internet access on your phone when you are connected to Zune via USB. One simple way to limit your data charges.
    04-15-2012 11:59 PM
    When using email, touching the far left of the screen (next to the email title) brings out check boxes to select and manipulate multiple emails.
    04-16-2012 02:57 AM
    When using email, touching the far left of the screen (next to the email title) brings out check boxes to select and manipulate multiple emails.
    Any way to 'select all'?
    04-16-2012 04:45 AM
    Any way to 'select all'?
    I think only in the same conversation by selecting the top email before it indents in.
    04-16-2012 06:06 AM
    * when you browse your photos by date, touch the name of the month and the year, and you will get a full list of months and years
    * in the calendar month view touch the name of the month and then you can jump to any month in any year
    JD Miles likes this.
    04-16-2012 06:08 AM
    In the calculator, turning the phone clockwise gives you different options than turning the phone counter-clockwise.
    Ryadol likes this.
    04-16-2012 07:14 AM
    If you go to settings and go to "ease of access" which is the handicap settings and turn on "speech for phone accessibility" when the phone rings the name of the person that is calling will be repeated while the phone rings letting you know who is calling. It also expands the voice options for texting. A very useful feature that I ignored because it was in the handicap section. It's great to know who is calling without having to look at your screen. You might screen more calls with this feature on
    danielm298 likes this.
    04-16-2012 08:46 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD