HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Zune pass you can stream music from any web browser.

7944f8ee2ab1bd98.png

vitor_canova

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to swith off wifi. It turn off after some seconds after you put your phone in SleepMode.

The Location works a bit diferent. It really works only when a application is using it. If you leave it on (with phone sleeping)it turn on every half of hour (I don't know exaclty) to update your position. I have that option in "find my phone" to sync more frequently.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

actually this is all covered here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/187431.htm#post1625695

:D

I think allot of people are strait up ignoring the GETTING STARTED thread cause 99% of this info is already posted :( some one just posted an other getting started thread today .. lol

PS we do appreciate the contribution guys :) keep it up

Last edited:

vitor_canova

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that if you turn calculator clockwise it shows options like Bin, Dec, Oct etc. If you turn counter clockwise it shows x^2 log etc.

singlefished

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
If you know one of your apps has been updated and don't want to wait for the marketplace to tell you, go to the app in marketplace, tap share then click the back button and if the update is in the market you will be able to see the update button.

also, marketplace related

Quickly get to or search an app in the marketplace ~ swipe right for your apps list, hit the magnifying glass to initiate a search and then type what you're searching for. Tap the "search marketplace" prompt and it will take you straight to the marketplace search results.

vitor_canova

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it nice. If you sync Google Calendar to WP the reminder it will use is the "popup" kind. If you have some appointments and you have only "e-mail" reminder it will show in calendar but without reminder. I love this behavior.

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just realized if you go to the desktop version of youtube you can go to the movies section and rent/watch movies. They have free movies and I just watched Big Daddy.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that if you turn calculator clockwise it shows options like Bin, Dec, Oct etc. If you turn counter clockwise it shows x^2 log etc.

And that is how the Advanced Calculator is activated, Thank you..thought I needed a app..;) Feature is built in..

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Zune and Pictures Hub features

Suprised I didnt see anyone mention how to create a playlist on the go. This is how you do it, go into zune and select any one song you want to start your playlist, then play it. It will add this song to now playing and it will be the ONLY song listed. Now, all you have to do is go into your songs list and every song you want on your new playlist, simply "add to now playing". Once you've reached the last song, all you have to do is save your now playing list "as a playlist" and voila!! Instant playlist!!

Pictures tile - If you want to control the pictures that flip in this tile, all you need to do is make the pics you want favorites, and those will be the only pics that show up.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Does ANYONE know how to rotate pictures in your gallery? Everytime I use an app to filter my photos, they are turned sideways and I don't know how to rotate them

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Pictures tile - If you want to control the pictures that flip in this tile, all you need to do is make the pics you want favorites, and those will be the only pics that show up.

thanks. Is there any way to make the Zune tile inactive? Its the only one of my top 8 that flips. The non uniformity bugs me ha

cimperski

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
-After pressing the arrow to access the list of apps, you can press again (in the same position) to bring up the alphabetical menu.

I really don't get that one ... can someone please explain it to me?

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
-After pressing the arrow to access the list of apps, you can press again (in the same position) to bring up the alphabetical menu.

I really don't get that one ... can someone please explain it to me?
he just means that after you tap the arrow in the top right of the home page to get to the list of apps, you can tap again in that same place (or next to any other letter) and bring up the alphabetical index. is that any better?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
he just means that after you tap the arrow in the top right of the home page to get to the list of apps, you can tap again in that same place (or next to any other letter) and bring up the alphabetical index. is that any better?

Basically tap in a true black space that isn't taken up by an app title or the space after it.

cimperski

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So he ment that in case, if you already have more than 41 apps. I thought that maybe there is a way to get that letters shown if you have less than 41 apps. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss