Another thread about a good experience at ATT corp store

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I went in to an ATT corp store with my wife earlier. I was already on defensive mode and ready to just dismiss whatever negative poopoo the rep throws at me about Windows Phone, as they've previously done when buying my Surround back in 2010. But to my surprise I was met with an informed rep who even told me about the $100 credit I would get if I got the Nokia before the 21st. I told him I was trying to decide between the 900 and the Titan II. He pulled out his Lumia and told me he loves the phone. He said that he's a big iPhone guy and never thought he would ever love using a Windows Phone.

So I decided on the Cyan, but unfortunately they ran out and they only had Black in stock. He said they are selling out quick, because they underestimated Lumia sales. So he ordered it for me and said that I would get it in a day or 2. But he also mentioned that the computer was telling him there might be a possible delay of up to 2 weeks. I hope not :(.

Besides the possible two week delay, it was a good experience and the first time I didn't feel like a wierdo or outcast when walking into an ATT store, because of my OS preference.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Good to hear it wasn't an uphill battle

I went to the T-Mobile store with my Mom to get her the Lumia 710 and had I not gone, the clerk would have talked her into another Android. It really does make a HUGE difference the way people react to your purchase.

So much so, that even telling him we wanted the Lumia 710, he went into a pitch about how it doesn't have apps and I had to kind of cut through it and say "look, this is what she wants."

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to AT&T store yesterday to get my Lumia 900. They said it all sold out within 2 hours of receiving shipment. I guess the 900 is doing quite well.

Yeah, the AT&T sales rep seem like they are doing their job to promo the WP. The rep offered me his WP to play with...and talked a lot of good things about it.

Last edited:

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't live in the US, and have never been to an AT&T store, but reading some articles and the forums here I feel as if Nokia, MS and AT&T had really set some low expectations for the Lumia 900. Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't live in the US, and have never been to an AT&T store, but reading some articles and the forums here I feel as if Nokia, MS and AT&T had really set some low expectations for the Lumia 900. Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing...

Low expectations, as in stock? It's understandable. The number being thrown around was 10-15 phones initially shipped to all ATT corp stores. I think that was ATTs decision, because of WP's history of sales. But I'm guessing Nokia has plenty of phones to send ATT when they order more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon