I recently picked up a Focus Flash. I'm waiting for a new SIM card from AT&T before I can activate it. But I can browse the web via wifi. My question is why do I get so many pages that can't be displayed because of security certificates being unsigned or whatever it says? Is it because my phone isn't activated?
    04-15-2012 12:28 PM
    I doubt thatthat is the reason. I think there are a loy of certificates that have unrelated security issues
    04-15-2012 01:42 PM
    Do people usually just click on it to accept it and disregard the warnings?
    04-15-2012 02:08 PM
    i had a similar problem - trying to log on to my office exchange server, which had a self-signed certificate that the phone wouldn't trust.

if it's a situation like that, have your IT guy email you the certificate in .cer format. open the email on your phone, tap it, tap INSTALL, then restart the phone.
    04-15-2012 08:36 PM
    I'm going to wait until I get my SIM card and try again once it's fully activated. Right now I can't go to BGR.com oe Engadget.com and read comments to the articles because of an invalid security this or that. I can do all of this on my iPhone with no problem. I hope this isn't going to be an issue with my Windows Phone. I also never had a problem with it on my Android phone when I had it.
    04-15-2012 08:58 PM
    IRight now I can't go to BGR.com oe Engadget.com and read comments to the articles because of an invalid security this or that.
    I just opened both of those sites and had no security warnings. The sites loaded fine for me.
    04-15-2012 09:25 PM
    Click on an article and scroll down and see if it loads the comments section.
    04-15-2012 09:57 PM
    Click on an article and scroll down and see if it loads the comments section.
    Comments loaded fine. I clicked the "how would you change Xoom" article in Engadget.
    04-16-2012 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD