Update to close:

The SMS verification does increase the contact list beyond 100. Just have to wait for Live to update itself and increase the contact number.

___

So maybe it is just me, but I am running into a slight brick wall?

Edit for attempted clarity:

I cannot get my contacts to sync between WP7 and Outlook. I want my Outlook calendar and contacts to two-way sync with my Lumia 900. I solely use Outlook for scheduling and the like.

My Live account currently has a 100 contact sync limit. I have SMS verified and can manually add a 101st contact, but Live will not sync my contacts (300+ contacts in Outlook). I have tried to remove/re-add the Live account in Outlook, Shift+F9, and hit whatever refresh/sync options on the phone and hotmail.

Option I have tried:
    Outlook <-> Go Contact Sync Mod <->Gmail <-> Phone
    This doesn't do calendar and just seems like a ton of hoops to jump though. It also did something weird and has now linked each contact in my phone to the gmail account twice.

What am I missing something here? I do not want to have to use multiple programs and clutter each contact with 5 links through a half-baked amalgam of programs.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MechanizedSunrise; 04-21-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Resolved
    04-15-2012 01:10 PM
    I've never heard of any syncing limit on any hotmail or live account based on reputation. Where did you get that information?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    04-15-2012 01:35 PM
    The information about the limit is direct from my capped, four-day old live.com account.

The lack of direct solutions for this issue comes from Windows Live Contacts Limit - Microsoft Answers

I use Gmail which is why I have the new live.com account. What makes this incredulous is that I could sync my Android with Outlook via a bluetooth app, and I now cannot directly sync the contacts from my Windows Phone to Windows Outlook. Coming from a former WM5 and WM6 user with activesync syncing, I can't believe there isn't a better method than this. I feel like I have to be missing something here.
    04-15-2012 01:56 PM
    The information about the limit is direct from my capped, four-day old live.com account.

The lack of direct solutions for this issue comes from Windows Live Contacts Limit - Microsoft Answers

I use Gmail which is why I have the new live.com account. What makes this incredulous is that I could sync my Android with Outlook via a bluetooth app, and I now cannot directly sync the contacts from my Windows Phone to Windows Outlook. Coming from a former WM5 and WM6 user with activesync syncing, I can't believe there isn't a better method than this. I feel like I have to be missing something here.
    -------It's very simple actually, just add your Live ID account to Outlook 2010. It will sync your calendar, contacts and, obviously, e-mails over the "cloud".-----

EDIT: I think I misunderstood you, you're unable to have more than 100 contacts in Live.com using the above method, is that correct? I had never heard of that. Just try to send/receive some e-mails (even if it's you, from other accounts). It should only take a few days or even hours to increase your account reputation.

Anyway, why don't you just add your Google account to both Windows Phone and Outlook 2010? Problem solved.
    Last edited by Seketh; 04-15-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    04-15-2012 03:10 PM
    -------It's very simple actually, just add your Live ID account to Outlook 2010. It will sync your calendar, contacts and, obviously, e-mails over the "cloud".-----

EDIT: I think I misunderstood you, you're unable to have more than 100 contacts in Live.com using the above method, is that correct? I had never heard of that. Just try to send/receive some e-mails (even if it's you, from other accounts). It should only take a few days or even hours to increase your account reputation.

Anyway, why don't you just add your Google account to both Windows Phone and Outlook 2010? Problem solved.
    Yes, I am unable to sync more than 100 contacts in Live.com. We will see when, or if, the contact limit increases.

I've tried to clarify my issue in the first post. I don't use my Google account for calendar or contacts either. I only use Outlook as a solo user. I'm currently playing with syncing contacts via Gmail like you said, but I'd much rather avoiding another piece of software (Go Contact Sync Mod) in the middle of this process when I just want a simple sync between Outlook and Windows...

But it looks like maybe that isn't possible until Live changes itself.
    04-15-2012 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD