Hopefully someone can help me with this. I can't find a way to set certain songs to skip while shuffling on my phone with the Zune software. I have looked all throughout the Zune PC program.

For example. I have Toddler Songs on there for my son, but when I shuffle all of my songs, I don't want them to play. I have created a separate playlist for them. iTunes allows this and it is a feature I love.

I love to shuffle my library, but I want to be able to exclude certain songs. Creating a playlist for the songs I want to use is cumbersome as I have a lot of songs.

I just tried creating a play list for the top songs I like, but I do not see a way to shuffle them.

If there is no way to do this, it is a huge let down for me. I guess I will still have to use two devices.
    04-15-2012 03:35 PM
    The toddler songs, do you not want them on your device at all or do you just not want them to play?

If you don't want them on your device there's an option to not sync songs rated with a broken heart symbol. That has to be done on the PC.
    04-15-2012 03:41 PM
    I want them on my device, but I don't want them to be added to the shuffle all list.

I created a playlist for the Toddler Songs, but it also adds them to my entire collection, which when shuffled plays them along with all my other songs. I only want the Toddler Songs to play when I select them specifically.

I love my phone though. I have used an ipod touch for all my music and in itunes you have an option to have songs on your device but have them not included in a shuffle of all songs. This works great for audiobooks, kids songs, and any other songs you just don't want to hear often.
    04-15-2012 03:53 PM
    I guess there is no way to do what I want with WP and Zune. Hopefully MS takes a note from the competition and tries to improve their product.
    04-15-2012 09:16 PM
    Here's something else you can try. I uploaded a picture to illustrate the point.

On the far left hold Ctrl + A to select all your artist. Make sure to left click into that field first.

Scroll to the artist that you do not want to sync and then hold Ctrl and press left click on the mouse to deselect that artist. For you it would be your toddler music that you will deselect.

Next, right click and choose Add to playlist. Then create a new playlist that contains no toddler music.
    Squatting Hen likes this.
    04-15-2012 09:49 PM
    Here's something else you can try. I uploaded a picture to illustrate the point.

Click to view quoted image

On the far left hold Ctrl + A to select all your artist. Make sure to left click into that field first.

Scroll to the artist that you do not want to sync and then hold Ctrl and press left click on the mouse to deselect that artist. For you it would be your toddler music that you will deselect.

Next, right click and choose Add to playlist. Then create a new playlist that contains no toddler music.
    Thanks. This will work in creating a playlist that will have all of my songs except the ones I do not want. But...I don't see a way to shuffle a playlist from my phone. Am I missing it? I would really prefer not to have to create a playlist, but if this gets me my end result, I will take it!!
    04-15-2012 10:51 PM
    Thanks. This will work in creating a playlist that will have all of my songs except the ones I do not want. But...I don't see a way to shuffle a playlist from my phone. Am I missing it? I would really prefer not to have to create a playlist, but if this gets me my end result, I will take it!!
    Thanks again. I actually found out how to shuffle a playlist. I just hope this is something that MS can add in a future update. I like being able to hit the music note symbols when I first open Music and Videos.

On a separate note...I wish I could adjust the snooze time.
    04-15-2012 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD