Zune won't find my music

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I was having some issues with my Zune software. (Running Windows 7). It wasn't finding all my music, and it was bugging me. So, using my infinite wisdom, I uninstalled Zune and reinstalled it. Everything went flawlessly. I go to my collection, and it is completely empty. I can't get the software to find anything!

iTunes----7,000 songs
Zune-----0 songs

This is annoying

Last edited:

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Go into the settings. Zune uses the Windows 7 libraries by default. Either add your iTunes folder to your Windows library, or use the zune option to manage separately from libraries and add the iTunes folder there.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the correct folders selected, but nothing shows up in my collection.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the correct folders selected, but nothing shows up in my collection.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Do you have all your music in M4A? Try to reinstall QuickTime, there's probably a conflict with the codecs.

If not, check if Windows Media Player sees your music. If it doesn't, it's an issue with your libraries.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you purchase your music via iTunes? If so, Zune (or any software for that matter) could have issues picking up DRM-enabled iTunes music files.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
yup. It opens zune and plays it, but there's still nothng in my collection.
You've probably already tried this, but here's some instructions I found on Yahoo Answers (source link at the bottom) to import music from the iTunes Library. It involves selecting some Advanced Settings, so I hope this helps!

If your iTunes library does not automatically migrate to your Zune library, you must manually add your iTunes folder to the list of monitored folders.

To add a folder to the Zune library, follow these steps:
1. Open the Zune software.
2. On the Options menu, click Add Folder to Library.
3. Zune shows a list of the folders that it currently checks for new media files. To add a folder to the list, click Add Folder, select the folder that you want to add, and then click OK.
4. Click Advanced Options.
5. Make sure that the Add files, playlists, and ratings from another media player to library check box is selected.
6. Click OK.

Source: Can you move itunes music to the zune? - Yahoo! Answers

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Looking at the Settings in Zune, it looks like it may be pulling info from your Windows Media Libraries. Do you have Windows Media Player installed and does it see your music? I would start there.

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Craziest thing ever! The songs and albums are there, but they're slowly disappearing! It's gone from 425 albums down to 388 now?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, if you setup Zune to watch a different folder than iTunes and copy some of your iTunes music into there, does it stay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss